Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Irish lass  (Read 2260 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
Irish lass
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:39:39 pm »

Was rather pleased to get this one in the bag-

[attachment=9102:MMFC1020.jpg]

Justin.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Irish lass
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »

Quote from: Justinr
Was rather pleased to get this one in the bag-

[attachment=9102:MMFC1020.jpg]

Justin.

I quite like it - but if I may offer some constructive criticism - your flash was a little hot as there is a nasty gloss sheen to her skin under her right eye [the left eye looking at the picture] and on her forhead which detracts from her skin and the overall tones.

I would have also framed it slightly differently to clean up the edges of the image - particularly on the left side.

Otherwise nice capture.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:00:33 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Justinr

• Ink+images
Irish lass
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:34:37 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
I quite like it - but if I may offer some constructive criticism - your flash was a little hot as there is a nasty gloss sheen to her skin under her right eye [the left eye looking at the picture] and on her forhead which detracts from her skin and the overall tones.

I would have also framed it slightly differently to clean up the edges of the image - particularly on the left side.

Otherwise nice capture.

The sheen is indeed an unwanted intrusion and is probably as much due to the lack of powdering throughout the session. But it's still my fault for not recognising the problem as it developed. I have many versions that have slightly different framing and may settle on one that shows a little more of the third chess figure on the left. The feedback is appreciated.

Justin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up