Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase backs firmware  (Read 2832 times)

woof75

Phase backs firmware
« on: October 20, 2008, 02:21:15 pm »

I notice there's a new firmware for my P21 (2.3.6 Mac). Phase don't say what it does, should I update it? Makes me a bit nervous.

Chris Livsey

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:24:47 pm »

Quote from: woof75
I notice there's a new firmware for my P21 (2.3.6 Mac). Phase don't say what it does, should I update it? Makes me a bit nervous.

I have been running my P20 on 3.3.6 (same release as 2.5 for P21) since Sept 07 with no problems. The firmware version you quote 2.3.6 is not the most recent see this page :-

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...Site%20-%20Main

It continues to amaze me, and after I have pointed it out to them as well    ) that the most recent firmware is not on the home page drop down.

samuel_js

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:34 pm »

Quote from: Chris Livsey
I have been running my P20 on 3.3.6 (same release as 2.5 for P21) since Sept 07 with no problems. The firmware version you quote 2.3.6 is not the most recent see this page :-

It continues to amaze me, and after I have pointed it out to them as well    ) that the most recent firmware is not on the home page drop down.

Chris, when I had my P21 the firmware allowed me to use the live view funtction only (suposedly) available in the P+ versions? Which firmware was that?
Is there anything like that for the P20? My current firmware is 3.3.4.

Thanks

samuel_js

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 07:10:13 pm »

Quote from: samuel_js
Chris, when I had my P21 the firmware allowed me to use the live view funtction only (suposedly) available in the P+ versions? Which firmware was that?

Thanks

I just updated my firmware to 3.3.6. Still no live preview. It must be some secret update.  

Chris Livsey

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 04:31:11 am »

Quote from: samuel_js

Thanks

That would be nice. I've not seen it mentioned. If you look at the detailed metadata on some of your P21 shots it will tell you the firmware version you were running:

C1 - File>show info>expand on camera

that would be interesting.

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
Phase backs firmware
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:54:26 am »

Quote from: Chris Livsey

The new Phase One P firmware allows you to have more control when used with the Schneider Digital Shutter system. So if you are not using that shutter system, you really will not see any new functions.

Phase One Live preview is a hardware enabled feature. If you do not have a back that is Live enabled, you will not be able to ad that to your back via firmware.

Chris Snipes
Image Production, Inc
Phase One Resller

www.imageprouction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Phase One Test Studio

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

samuel_js

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 06:27:22 am »

Quote from: digitalcameraman
Phase One Live preview is a hardware enabled feature. If you do not have a back that is Live enabled, you will not be able to ad that to your back via firmware.

Chris Snipes
Image Production, Inc
Phase One Resller

www.imageprouction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Phase One Test Studio

Yes, but it means every P (non +) back can be enabled to use live preview. Mine was...

woof75

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:16:34 am »

I think I'll not update the firmware as I don't use schneider digital lenses. If it aint broke don't fix it I say.

Chris Livsey

Phase backs firmware
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 11:27:48 am »

[quote name='digitalcameraman' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:54 AM' post='230904']
The new Phase One P firmware allows you to have more control when used with the Schneider Digital Shutter system. So if you are not using that shutter system, you really will not see any new functions.

But    The phase One link I posted says this:

Firmware version 3.3.6/2.5 corrects the following issues on P - Series digital backs:

1. Updated CF handling with all correction made since last P20/P25 release. Includes correct formatting of CF cards larger than 8GB, and failure that occurred when formatting CF card in a FUJI S3 camera after formatting in a P20 or P25 version 3.34 and older.
2. Improved EXIF handling for the Mamiya, the 1/3 step in AFDII is now included.
3. The TTL Flash Adjustment value for the H1 now setup again if the back is re-attached to a H1 camera without being powered off.
4. Compatibility of San Disk Extreme IV CF cards 2, 4 and 8GB
Plus a few minor adjustments to the firmware code of the P - Series backs.

UNquote

Not new functions but issues with CF cards which IMHO are significant.

Pages: [1]   Go Up