Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D MKII "L" Bracket?  (Read 2285 times)

marcmccalmont

5D MKII "L" Bracket?
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »

Does any one who had access to a 5D MKII know if a RRS 5D "L" Bracket will fit the MKII?
I'll assume the worse and hope for the best.
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

sposch

5D MKII "L" Bracket?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:10 pm »

I was wonering that too. I just had a look at the RRS website and I see they have new P/N's listed for the MK-2 L-brackets so assuming the worst is probably appropriate. I suspect the area for accessing the connectors will change with the HDMI and microphone connections. It was pretty tight getting in there on the original version.
I see the old ones are going for around $100 on EBay though so you can get most of your money back. I also noticed a BH55 ballhead went for $483...they are $455 new on the RRS website. Go figure.

Steve.

BruceHouston

5D MKII "L" Bracket?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:52:57 pm »

Quote from: sposch
I was wonering that too. I just had a look at the RRS website and I see they have new P/N's listed for the MK-2 L-brackets so assuming the worst is probably appropriate. I suspect the area for accessing the connectors will change with the HDMI and microphone connections. It was pretty tight getting in there on the original version.
I see the old ones are going for around $100 on EBay though so you can get most of your money back. I also noticed a BH55 ballhead went for $483...they are $455 new on the RRS website. Go figure.

Steve.

I ordered the new L-bracket from RRS about three weeks ago.  They said that delivery will be about six weeks after they get their hands on the camera.  They also said that they usually get the camera as a loaner from a customer, who in turn gets a free L-bracket.  So, the new L-bracket could be awhile...

Best,
Bruce

marcmccalmont

5D MKII "L" Bracket?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 04:14:19 am »

I received an email back from RRS and the 5D "L" Bracket will NOT fit the 5D MKII
The pre-orders should be filled at the end of November
Marc
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up