Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: depth of field widget  (Read 6016 times)

DaveLon

depth of field widget
« on: September 04, 2005, 03:25:57 pm »

Works like a charm.

Dave

howard smith

depth of field widget
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 10:21:31 am »

francois, this seems odd.  DoF equations are short and simple.  The calculations are quite simple and straight forward.  I use a TI-30XA pocket calculaotor with no problems, including calculating the CoC I need to use.

DaveLon

depth of field widget
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 06:00:41 pm »

Interesting but on my dual G5 ( 2 gig) it does not show that CPU usage at all.

??????

Dave

francois

depth of field widget
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 01:11:32 pm »

Make sure you have the latest version. The release notes speak of a corrected problem with idle CPU usage.
Thank you for the info. I'll download the latest version as soon as I get back from the Alps
 :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Francois
Francois

John Camp

depth of field widget
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:37:36 pm »

While browsing through the "additional widgets" on the widget website, I find they have one for depth of field, if any Mac users are interested...You have to have the Tiger OS. Click on the dashboard icon, then bring up the widget bar. When you do, you should see a click-tab called, "Additional widgets" on the right side of the screen. When you click on that, you go out to the apple web page for widgets. They have several categories -- many categories -- but it's under calculations. Click on calculations and then scan down the list to depth of field calculator.

JC

francois

depth of field widget
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 04:32:50 am »

Unfortunately, I had to delete it from my Mac because it was using nearly 80% of the CPU. I'll re-download it and reinstall to see if the issue is still present.
Other than that, it's a very nice widget.

Francois
Francois

francois

depth of field widget
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 12:39:26 pm »

francois, this seems odd.  DoF equations are short and simple.  The calculations are quite simple and straight forward.  I use a TI-30XA pocket calculaotor with no problems, including calculating the CoC I need to use.
I have only limited access to the internet these days so my answer is short.

I know this is weird and I will reinstall the DoF widget when I return. Running "top -u" in the terminal confirmed that it was using more than 80% of the cpu on a dual G5...

I'll let you know next week.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the DoF widget used cpu cycles as soon as it was loaded. No need to do any calculations, no need to display it...

Francois
Francois

Paul Williamson

• http://www.mustbeart.com
depth of field widget
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 02:46:22 am »

Make sure you have the latest version. The release notes speak of a corrected problem with idle CPU usage.

francois

depth of field widget
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 01:07:25 pm »

Paul,
I just downloaded the latest version and it seems to be working fine. CPU usage is now OK.

Thanks again,
Francois
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up