Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS on the go slow  (Read 1462 times)

Justinr

• Ink+images
CS on the go slow
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:48:14 am »

I wrote a few weeks back about the problems I was having with scratch discs being full. Since then I have cleared out much of the hard drive and the functions are now working with the usual expediency, except for the crop command which happily starts converting a humble jpeg of 6mb to a PS raw file of 2.4GB! I've no idea why it's doing this and even less of how to rectify it. Any suggestions welcome.

Justin.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
CS on the go slow
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:56:04 am »

Quote from: Justinr
I wrote a few weeks back about the problems I was having with scratch discs being full. Since then I have cleared out much of the hard drive and the functions are now working with the usual expediency, except for the crop command which happily starts converting a humble jpeg of 6mb to a PS raw file of 2.4GB! I've no idea why it's doing this and even less of how to rectify it. Any suggestions welcome.

I believe that you do probablt have a unit problem, as someone suggested in the last threat. Make sure that the target width and height fields are empty, or use xxx"px" to inducate that the target size should be in a given number of pixels ("px" stands for "pixels").

Cheers,
Bernard

Justinr

• Ink+images
CS on the go slow
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:52:58 pm »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
I believe that you do probablt have a unit problem, as someone suggested in the last threat. Make sure that the target width and height fields are empty, or use xxx"px" to inducate that the target size should be in a given number of pixels ("px" stands for "pixels").

Cheers,
Bernard

Many thanks for the thought but I think I've managed to sort it by simply resetting the cropping tool as suggested elsewhere. It seems to have worked for now.

My sanity is saved (what there was of it anyway)

Justin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up