Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Communication error  (Read 2065 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Communication error
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:22 am »

I just got my printing to be as good as I have ever managed, profiles paper etc, when in the middle of some A3's I got communication error and I can't over come the problem. I have dumped my prefs and downloaded and installed the latest driver (Mac Leopard latest), but nothing. Printer box says printer ready, that's as far as it gets. I've tried usb and firewire etc.
Any ideas anyone? typicaly I have just ordered £200. worth of ink that's on it's way to my door right now.

Kevin.
Kevin.

francois

Communication error
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:31:17 am »

Quote from: KevinA
I just got my printing to be as good as I have ever managed, profiles paper etc, when in the middle of some A3's I got communication error and I can't over come the problem. I have dumped my prefs and downloaded and installed the latest driver (Mac Leopard latest), but nothing. Printer box says printer ready, that's as far as it gets. I've tried usb and firewire etc.
Any ideas anyone? typicaly I have just ordered £200. worth of ink that's on it's way to my door right now.

Kevin.
Does you Mac really see your printer? You need to use system profiler application and check for USB or FireWire connections.
I feel the pain for you. I have two dozens of 2100 cartridges that will never be used - my 2100 died during a printing job.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:35:39 am by francois »
Francois

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Communication error
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:11:41 am »

Quote from: francois
Does you Mac really see your printer? You need to use system profiler application and check for USB or FireWire connections.
I feel the pain for you. I have two dozens of 2100 cartridges that will never be used - my 2100 died during a printing job.

Thank for the tip, unfortunately it's there in the USB.

Kevin.
Kevin.

PerErik

Communication error
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 10:21:15 am »

Watch this tree http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=28617, other printer but the same problem, maybe somthing is wrong with the latest drivers from Apple.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Communication error
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:28:13 am »

Quote from: PerErik
Watch this tree http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=28617, other printer but the same problem, maybe somthing is wrong with the latest drivers from Apple.

I don't think so, I can't rule it out.
I have just tried re-adding the printer, it gets to "Determining Installable Options" "Status sending data" and does not go passed that. Either the data is not going or the printer is not receiving.

Kevin.
Kevin.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Communication error
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:54:23 am »

Quote from: KevinA
I don't think so, I can't rule it out.
I have just tried re-adding the printer, it gets to "Determining Installable Options" "Status sending data" and does not go passed that. Either the data is not going or the printer is not receiving.

Kevin.

I just tried another computer running 10.4.11, still no joy.
Bugger, a 1DsmkII down (again), business is $hit, now I need a new printer! Oh woe is me.

Kevin
Kevin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up