Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619063 times)

george2787

Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #4140 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:12 am »

Great image BC, love how everithing just clicks  :)

Rob C

« Reply #4141 on: January 21, 2013, 04:28:13 am »

Great image BC, love how everithing just clicks  :)

It's those friggin' beads; they never stop clickin'!

Yes, I recognize the girl as one of Coot's favourites, and she'd be one of mine too, had I but the chance. She has no idea what she's missing! (Joke.)

B/white can be so refreshing once in a while; it can remove the falseness of modern 'skin' and takes us more deeply into the imagination, which is where dream-peddlers always reach. Thank God. It could almost be European...

Beautiful combination of elements that go to produce a great image. Love it.

Rob C

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #4142 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:56 am »

BC

I like it a lot. It was on film ?

Some of my last work too : (critics are very welcome !)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:04:10 am by Hulyss »
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Rob C

« Reply #4143 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:39 am »

Puts me in mind of Vera Gräfin von Lehndorff-Steinort, AKA Veruschka.

Ah Keith, my penultimate penthouse neighbour was a friend of Verushka's family... There were indeed two sides to WW2, but not all of them perfectly clearly defined.

Memories of Blow Up and also of Verushka standing, naked and painted to suit the background, in a forest. Wood for the trees?

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:36:05 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #4144 on: January 21, 2013, 08:35:04 am »

What's also quite intriguing, apart from the girl, is the immediate background: it looks like grain, but also makes me think of a sheet of glass between the subject and background... making one think like this is surely another sign of a successful image. One is driven to thought!

Rob C

bcooter

« Reply #4145 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:39 am »

The second image from the previous post that is part of the delivered spread.

BC

Rob C

« Reply #4146 on: January 22, 2013, 09:31:37 am »

Nice; it's that background effect at work again, but stronger. I think I've figured out that she's sitting hard up against a large window?

Since the background effect is stronger in the close-up, I am thinking it isn't grain at all, but the glass doing its thing. If it was not a close-up but just an enlargement from a similar sized image as the first, then yes, it could be a film grain effect enlarged due to, well, enlargement of the image.

Like I said, makes you think.

;-)

Rob C

georgem

• Architecture - Landscape - Nature
« Reply #4147 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I thought I'd post some of my architectural photography here.
It's a bit different from what you might be used to; I try to shoot what is the architect's choices and also what I like in architecture.

This was commissioned, in a sense. I contacted the architect while still building, he had no collaborating photographer, was happy with my portfolio, I gave a quote, got the job.

Canon 24mm TSE II

Rob C

« Reply #4148 on: January 22, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

Okay, from another calendar on Kodachrome 64 pro, this time left in peace in colour.

Shows how important other people can be: never would have got to this island without external help by the guy who owned a strip of it.

Some things and some people you never forget in this lfe.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:33:47 am by Rob C »

MrSmith

« Reply #4149 on: January 22, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »

Nice ;D

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4150 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »

Rob, one word keeps coming to my mind looking at your photographs: organic. That is to say, all natural, sea, sand, sky and a girl. No "pesticides" in the form of a production crew and plastic post-processing. And no silicone (I presume). Nature at its best.

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #4151 on: January 22, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »

from the latest short film we just wrapped yesterday...

Several more here...

The story is, uh... interesting.

:)

CB

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #4152 on: January 22, 2013, 07:45:00 pm »

It's a bit different from what you might be used to; I try to shoot what is the architect's choices and also what I like in architecture.

Isn't it always that way? Always has been for me.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Rob C

« Reply #4153 on: January 23, 2013, 05:11:25 am »

Rob, one word keeps coming to my mind looking at your photographs: organic. That is to say, all natural, sea, sand, sky and a girl. No "pesticides" in the form of a production crew and plastic post-processing. And no silicone (I presume). Nature at its best.

Mr Smith, Slobodan.

Thanks, yes, all natural and fake-free! There's something about plastic tits that I find to be a total turn-off. I neither have the slightest wish to see them nor do they raise a glimmer of interest in my psyche - nor anywhere else, though that might be partly due to beta-blockers or age - not sure. But I am sure that they make me sad. Sad for the person who thought she needed the process, and if she did, then perhaps a poor career-choice was made?

That cosmetic surgery is a huge benefit to those who have suffered natural or medical disaster is something totally different, and I applaud the efforts of those involved in rebuilding some form of mormal life for such victims. Power to them.

The natural look of models was always there, for everyone, up until some few years ago, really. Of course makeup was used and often overused in the past, and badly applied straight lines of terribly contrasting blusher looked damned stupid even then; but despite all the makeup, girls still managed to look human, and that’s a vanishing blessing. But, it’s probably not even makeup that’s the main difference today, and it needs others still working to explain the truth, but my take is that it’s all down to overenthusiastic embracing of what’s digitally possible: the process has taken over from the intended, subtle improvement some skins need in some areas.

If you dig back into the ancient chronicles of fashion (okay, old fashion mags, but chronicles gives it some added class, no?), look at Jean Shrimpton, Twiggy, Penelope Tree, Marie Helvin et al. and there’s all the makeup you need, plus, of course, the essential humanity that still gives it all credibility. And for me that’s key: maximum impact but believable. It’s why those girls became icons: it was about them and not what was done to their pictures. (Yes, I know Vogue also retouched back then… a certain Mr Boxall did splendid work. But he knew where to stop!)

And Playboy was no different: the editorials were beautiful  but the centrefolds the weakest links in the chain: all over-production, over-lighting, over-retouching and obviously so. And in those days, when I still subscribed, pre-PS!

Riaan posted a response to a website I’d linked for the benefit of anyone who enjoys photography, where he remarks that he understands what I’ve been saying for ages, which is exactly what a friend of his also declares: without the human element, landscape doesn’t do it for everyone (meaning, in my case, myself).

http://www.nuribilgeceylan.com

There’s a dramatioc shot of a brooding sky, sea, log, and a girl. Subtract the girl and what do you got, as they say on tv? I find it impossible to escape that trap. Ever.

So maybe that’s where the ‘organic’ concept comes from, but I have to thank you for the definition as applied to what I did: I’d never thought of it like that, but now that you’ve mentioned it, it’s become all so clear to me, and why I always looked for non-studio solutions to photographic challenges/ assignment whenever I could. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Rob C

MrSmith

« Reply #4154 on: January 23, 2013, 06:01:58 am »

This forum needs an orphan works thread. I think people need to be made aware of what the (U.K.) government has planned for intellectual property/photography.

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2226121/proposed-uk-copyright-changes-spark-worldwide-protests

http://stop43.org/

MrSmith

« Reply #4155 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:27 am »

Thanks, that missed my radar.

Rob C

« Reply #4156 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:40 am »

Rob, yet another lovely shot.

I do worry that you're posting images without imbedded metadata - potential orphan works. Drop me a line if you need help with the metadata.

PM sent!

Rob C

P.S. I've tried to attach Metadata to this jpeg: has it come through with it? Outwith Nikon's NX2 I have no idea how to check, beyond right-clicking on the image...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:34:08 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #4157 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:18 pm »

Rob, yes, title, author and copyright metadata all embedded.

Thanks for that, but from seeimg this on LuLa, as here and now, how can you tell? If I right-click and go to properties I just get size and date. Does the image have to be in Photoshop for the Metadata to be seen?

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4158 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

Rob, yes, as I said in my PM, you need to open the image in Photoshop and then go to File and then File Info.

Oh - right, thanks, Keith.

Rob C

bcooter

« Reply #4159 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55:24 am »

Chris,

Nice screen grabs.  Looks like Wes Andersons, Moonrise Kingdom.

BC
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:00:27 am by bcooter »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 214   Go Up