Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619202 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #4100 on: January 16, 2013, 08:21:18 am »

Abdul, the best way to handle that is to cover all the windows with black while setting up the shot.  Then you can get the light level perfect.  In a traditional dusk view like this, you should be getting almost no ambient daylight when you finally expose.  We typically uncover the windows 30-40 minutes prior to dusk and spend that time hiding reflections.  When the window reaches the desirable brightness level you should be ready to go.

Cheers,
CB
Or you could always see what your client (and assistants) are made of by setting the start time 1.5 hours before the sun rises.  Thankfully the resort I just shot put me up for the time I was there.   :D
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #4101 on: January 16, 2013, 03:04:27 pm »

Abdul, meet your new best friend...

Is that similar to the stuff you can get at Home Depot in the gardening section?

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #4102 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »

Yes, I actually got my last roll at the Depot.  Not sure if it was in the gardening or paint section.

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #4103 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:29 pm »

And another one:

Again, single exposure. Strobes coming in from left, continuous light in a few select areas, notably the foreground wood panels on right, and at left rear.

Critique welcomed, please. Rug yes? Rug no? It just seemed too empty without it. I also have a tighter version of this that omits the rug (and the foreground floor space).

The twilight shot I posted earlier is immediately camera left (the camera was sitting up on the kitchen benchtop for that one).

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #4104 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:57 pm »

Or you could always see what your client (and assistants) are made of by setting the start time 1.5 hours before the sun rises.  Thankfully the resort I just shot put me up for the time I was there.   :D

That would depend on where the sun would be rising though. If it would be rising in the general direction of where you are shooting, it might not be so good, depending on the effect you are trying to achieve.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #4105 on: January 17, 2013, 06:43:01 am »

That would depend on where the sun would be rising though. If it would be rising in the general direction of where you are shooting, it might not be so good, depending on the effect you are trying to achieve.
Yes, that is true.  In this case the sun rose right in front of where I was and we were hoping for a dramatic colorful sunrise.  However, the clouds that rolled in had a different idea.   >:(
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Rob C

« Reply #4106 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:07 pm »

Another Hewden/Stuart Group plc calendar, this time shot in Mallorca.

Kodachrome 64 Pro converted (not for the cal, of course) to b/w because I like the way the film translates. I used to read about how unfriendly Kodachrome was to scanning; shows to go you that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Nice assistant/makeup artist... just kidding, she was one of the models.

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:31:35 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4107 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:40 pm »

Nice assistant/makeup artist... just kidding, she was one of the models.

Rob C

2 Questions:

- Looks like direct sun, what did you do to keep the skin shiny and moist during the make-up pauses or during the shoot in general?

- Being from the Netherlands, I personally have no problem whatsoever with NSFW, au contraire, but aren't we slowly treading into "linking" territory instead of "embedding" these type of images?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #4108 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:07 pm »

Direct sunshine after a prolonged lunch awaiting said sun to go a little further down. The skins were simply covered in sun-protect oil to, well, protect, and then the girls dipped themselves into the sea between shots. No fills, no frills; just either a 135mm or 200mm Nikkor, tripod and either F or F2 Photomic. Exposure metering: Invercone, Weston Master something or, perhaps, the Minolta Flashmeter thing - can't really remember too clearly. It was a good lunch. Amazing how you could still focus with your head spinning a little bit. Must have been those split-image screens. Could use one now!

We used to carry a gardening water-spray bottle too, which my wife used to spray them with when they dried up... Mostly, though, we used to shoot either early morning or late afternoon, but like I said, lunch encouraged us that day.

Rob C

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4109 on: January 17, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »

If folk are worried about viewing such images at work then perhaps they need to consider a career change?

LOL  ;D
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4110 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:20 pm »

If that's the makeup artist, it makes me wonder what the photographer was wearing... ;)

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #4111 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21:52 pm »

If that's the makeup artist, it makes me wonder what the photographer was wearing... ;)

Mike.

Ah Mike, you give me too much credit: either cut-off jeans (quite the thing on beaches at one time) or cheap market-bought shorts, and definitely a T-shirt. When younger, the T-shirt wouldn't have been there because I was inordinately proud of my pecs; that everything else but the triceps was on the thin side escaped me at the time. Why the pecs? Simple: 120 to 130 press-ups every single night before retiring, from the age of sixteen or so till the early thirties (mine!). Today, I could compete with the models, if you see what I mean. So no, too much of a single exercise, in the long run, doesn't pay! There were no gyms around my area in those early days in which to even out development.

Is this a confessional into which I stumbled? Maybe Viccy's Secret will call?

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4112 on: January 17, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »

If folk are worried about viewing such images at work then perhaps they need to consider a career change?

Why? No need. Just outsource your job to China and spend the time at work viewing such images (and cat videos)  ;D

Rob C

« Reply #4113 on: January 17, 2013, 03:45:42 pm »

Slobodan, I just tried your link and it froze my computer.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4114 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:14 pm »

Pure coincidence, Rob.

P.S. Come to think of it, pictures you've been posting as of lately could have fried a few circuits somewhere, I am sure  ;D

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #4115 on: January 17, 2013, 05:12:30 pm »

Note to self: include a set of boobs in the next interiors photos. Better still, two set of boobs.

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #4116 on: January 17, 2013, 10:56:30 pm »

Here are some images made recently for Road and Track's C7 Corvette cover story.  With the exception of the cover I've added backgrounds to the shots.  The images printed with just a grey sweep behind the vehicles.  Jim

PeteZ28

« Reply #4117 on: January 17, 2013, 11:26:33 pm »

Awesome shots, I have been drooling over them since they were released!

Important question: Did you get to drive it?  ;D

Rob C

« Reply #4118 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:18 am »

Note to self: include a set of boobs in the next interiors photos. Better still, two set of boobs.

That should not prove difficult, Scott; there's usually some 'logical' place for which such design elements to repose. Could become a sort of trademark, somewhat like a mouse?

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4119 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:53 am »

Great cars shots, Jim; the eyes and butt of that car are absolutely malevolently feline! Love 'em!

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 214   Go Up