Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619141 times)

MrSmith

Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3600 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19:49 am »

another lovely image Michael.
looks great cropped through the waist and rotated 90° too  :)

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #3601 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »

Quick grab yesterday with the 5d2.  One thing I love about the Canon is how fast I can move around a building.  I shot the overall primary dusk view with the Arca/P65+ and then ran around grabbing other stuff with the DSLR as the light faded into nothingness.

MJSPhoto

• Morgan J Segal Photography
« Reply #3602 on: August 09, 2012, 03:49:29 am »

Been lurking, might as well throw my hat into the ring...

Rob C

« Reply #3603 on: August 09, 2012, 04:05:31 am »

Nice images, MJS; wish my Fiesta's paint looked even 30% as nice. It did for about a week or so then vanished with the first delicate wash...

Often wondered how it would feel to own beautiful cars, but with my psychology it might simply raise the stress levels to implosion. I try to park in fields and disused aerodromes already. With a Fiesta. And there are no disused aerodromes around here.

;-(

Rob C

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3604 on: August 09, 2012, 06:11:15 am »

Often wondered how it would feel to own beautiful cars, but with my psychology it might simply raise the stress levels to implosion. I try to park in fields and disused aerodromes already. With a Fiesta. And there are no disused aerodromes around here.

;-(

Rob C
Hi, Rob.

If you only want to own a car for it's looks, then buy a model... or go to a car show and take some photographs.

I have two nice looking cars ( both over 12 years old) but mostly I enjoy driving them... one for roadholding and one for comfort, both stress-free.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

evgeny

« Reply #3605 on: August 09, 2012, 07:46:17 am »

This is stunning work!

Contax 645 pee thirty plus

TMARK

« Reply #3606 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:44 am »

Good stuff, all.

MJS:  The new MacLaren!  Great shots.

Mr. Barrett:  I'm glad to see a bayou boy make good.  Great shot.  I really like what you've een doing with motion as well.

Master Cooter:  The frame with the bubbles is truly outstanding.

Master Cooter's other great shot, with the lovely posed with the phonograph, is geat.  For the newbs, please observe that the magic in that frame is NOT in the megapix, its lighting, set dressing, and art direction from Master Cooter's studio.  Its the attention to detail, the palette, the styling, the light, the posing.  This is what you aspiring shooters need to spend time on, not backs and cameras.  Its better to have a cheapish camera and good art direction/styling/linghting/set dressing/directorial skills than an IQ180/H4D-60/Aptus/Credo blah blah with shitty lighting and shitty art direction in front of it.

fredjeang

« Reply #3607 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:04 pm »

Tmark: What a Bayou boy means?

For the newbs, please observe that the magic in that frame is NOT in the megapix, its lighting, set dressing, and art direction from Master Cooter's studio.  Its the attention to detail, the palette, the styling, the light, the posing.  This is what you aspiring shooters need to spend time on, not backs and cameras.  Its better to have a cheapish camera and good art direction/styling/linghting/set dressing/directorial skills than an IQ180/H4D-60/Aptus/Credo blah blah with shitty lighting and shitty art direction in front of it.

Thanks for this quote! In fact the camera is what matters less in all the pipeline, but...what often worries me is that it seems that it's not only a great quote to catch for the newbees...

Have you seen the latest film of Recuenco with iphones? it tells it all.

Yeah, the Coot stuff with the bubbles is truly wonderfull.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:36:17 pm by fredjeang »

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #3608 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:48 pm »

Mr. Barrett:  I'm glad to see a bayou boy make good.  Great shot.  I really like what you've een doing with motion as well.

Thanks, Much!  We actually just heard tonight that our new short has been selected as a finalist in the Louisiana Film Prize Competition, and will be screening at the festival this October.

*Psyched*

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #3609 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:12 pm »

sweet-congratulations!
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Rob C

« Reply #3610 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:58 am »

Thanks for this quote! In fact the camera is what matters less in all the pipeline, but...what often worries me is that it seems that it's not only a great quote to catch for the newbees...

Have you seen the latest film of Recuenco with iphones? it tells it all.

Yeah, the Coot stuff with the bubbles is truly wonderfull.

Fred, can you supply a link to the Recuenco film?

Regarding TMARK's statement, he's on the money. There's a level of quality which can hold you back, but there's also the level from which you need go no further. In effect, you just can't buy class, and class is what always comes through in Cooter's pictures. I think it's a measure of his outlook and operation. You only need to read his posts to understand that cameras are but a tiny part of the whole process.

In life, it's we who are often the main block to our own success, not our bank balances.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #3611 on: August 10, 2012, 04:07:31 am »

Listen to the Rajun' Cajun and find out:

http://www.klrzfm.com

Rob C

TMARK

« Reply #3612 on: August 10, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »

Great news Chris!  Congratulations!

One of my favorite Swamp Pop guys, Charlie Adcock (CC Adcock, Little Band of Gold) calls South Louisiana LA on the Coast, the Gulf Coast that is.

Fred, the a Bayou boy is from Louisiana's Gulf Coast.  Cajun culture.  Good food and good music.  New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced.  The food is different, French inspired but heavier.  Feels more like Port au Prince than an American city, although that's been changing.  Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something. 

Rob C

« Reply #3613 on: August 10, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »

One of my favorite Swamp Pop guys, Charlie Adcock (CC Adcock, Little Band of Gold) calls South Louisiana LA on the Coast, the Gulf Coast that is.Fred, the a Bayou boy is from Louisiana's Gulf Coast.  Cajun culture.  Good food and good music.  New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced.  The food is different, French inspired but heavier.  Feels more like Port au Prince than an American city, although that's been changing.  Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something. 

TMARK

http://youtu.be/FStRkTOP81s

Not a day passes I’m not tuned into this stuff; just love its feel and slow, easy emotions. Other times it can break your heart.

Rob C

TMARK

« Reply #3614 on: August 10, 2012, 03:00:03 pm »

Rob,

It is authentic, 100%, to the bone soulful, honest music.  Glad you like it!

fredjeang

« Reply #3615 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:42 pm »

Rob, TMark, thanks for the Bayou explainations.

New Orleans is French and Spanish influenced...    Its a great place to visit, not as great to produce something.  

Sounds strangely familiar: french and spanish's tendencies. Hey, heritage heritage. We know we can't have good food and good producers in the same area.

Cheers from hell (40º on the shade at the moment)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:22:59 pm by fredjeang »

jduncan

« Reply #3616 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:04 pm »

And here is that missing model, she was levitating:)

Again magnificent,

J. Duncan
english is not my first language, an I k

bcooter

« Reply #3617 on: August 16, 2012, 06:13:15 am »

Small part of recent project, stills and motion.

BC

fredjeang

« Reply #3618 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59:06 am »

Weired,

It doesn't look like Cooter's imagery. Did you outsource the grading?
It reminds me of some Boris or Magic Bullet kind of output, but...if it's life style or advert and the target are kids, it makes all sense
as Polas are very fashionable on the young generation and therefore will talk to them.

Ps: maybe some vigneting and a bit less perfectly square (some defects on straight lines-borders) ?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:00:30 am by fredjeang »

Rob C

« Reply #3619 on: August 16, 2012, 01:10:02 pm »

It'll never replace the ladies, Cooter...

;-)

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 214   Go Up