Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619611 times)

Rob C

Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3520 on: May 21, 2012, 04:43:20 am »

Rob, don't look back.
Free your mind, and your ass will follow;
Look at the fat old Michael Hampton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aAzdHnYfuk&feature=related

Fred, what have you been eating drinking?

I tried your musical link, and I have never seen such cruelty. After almost five minues my soul could bear no more and I had to retreat to LuLa.

To think that a rare white pterodactyl had to be murdered on camera so that its death wails could be shown on youtube!

;-)

Rob C

fredjeang

« Reply #3521 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:23 pm »

Yes, this video of Michael Hampton is crude, because the song itself requires so. But my purpose wasn't musical tastes. I mean that MH, recognized as a world class musician, is now old and not in its best shape to be honest. But still there on stage, and plays bloody well, probably in the best versions of all times of this theme.
My message was that age is relative. There are young people that have nothing to say. We can't really fight against our own decadence, it would be like trying to be against the bad weather. But yes where we have freewill, is in the how.

Now, I have some making-of of Jonas Akerlund quite crude too...but I promiss, I won't give the links.

Best regards.    

Rob C

« Reply #3522 on: May 21, 2012, 03:20:50 pm »

Yes, this video of Michael Hampton is crude, because the song itself requires so. But my purpose wasn't musical tastes. I mean that MH, recognized as a world class musician, is now old and not in its best shape to be honest. But still there on stage, and plays bloody well, probably in the best versions of all times of this theme.
My message was that age is relative. There are young people that have nothing to say. We can't really fight against our own decadence, it would be like trying to be against the bad weather. But yes where we have freewill, is in the how.

Now, I have some making-of of Jonas Akerlund quite crude too...but I promiss, I won't give the links.

Best regards.    

Oh, now I see what you are talking about! It's a reference to my post where I said I hated getting old! Sorry for the confusion - I thought you were referring to the girl with the problematic nipple... I really am getting confused - to the extent that I appear to have lost or deleted a complete set of master files on two different external hard drives. Some of the material I have on CDs, but certainly not all of it... shit. All I need now is for that new gallery here to show an interest in the website stuff! I won't be able to produce it - not without a helluva lot of sweat and tears of absolute frustration. Even my bloody scanner stopped working a while ago, so all I can access are the original NEFs, I THINK! but the trannies...

Perhaps something is telling me it's time for a change of life. Actually, I think my new hobby is the little Fiesta: I'm spending as much turning an honest little girl into a siliconed whore - but there you are - gotta do something to stay sane. Which is all a relative concept, anyway.

Rob C

bcooter

« Reply #3523 on: May 23, 2012, 03:14:48 am »

For comparison from same session.
(for look, not detail as both are very reduced jpgs.)

red one

BC
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:16:21 am by bcooter »

Rob C

« Reply #3524 on: May 23, 2012, 03:37:37 am »

BC

Black nipple or otherwise, I think that the colour/look of the Contax is far more pleasing to my eye.

Also, the sharpness of the edge of the 'spot' is uncomfortably crisp-looking to me in the Red image... looks more real in the Contax, less like an imaginary disk suspended in front of the girl.

Best wishes

Rob C

bcooter

« Reply #3525 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:23 am »

Also, the sharpness of the edge of the 'spot' is uncomfortably crisp-looking to me in the Red image... looks more real in the Contax, less like an imaginary disk suspended in front of the girl.

The coloration of both images is done in post, still and motion.

Same with the sharpness of the spot light.

Now obviously the still camera contax file has much more detail and depth, not not as much dr as the RED file, but close.

When I work both of them in post they are much different, though the look of the contax/p30 file takes a lot more work to make look like film, as it is so smooth and detailed, where the RED one file looks like pushed 35mm film, (though doesn't have but 1/4 to 1/2 the detail).

Now the real kicker is the final video compared to the print run will be the video will take 50 times more work in post (for processing, editing, coloration and effects, sound score and titling), maybe 75 times more work but will be viewed by 200 times (minimum) more eyeballs (probably 2000 times more).

The second kicker is the publication will have no issue running the RED file double page in print (and it's an oversized high qualaity print magazine).*

IMO

BC

*Now I'm not saying the RED file will replace any professional still camera image.  It's a pretty look, but doesn't have that dead sharp still look.
Regardless, the pose that is in the RED file is not in the still images.  Kinda of close but not the same and that's where a still from motion is interesting as you get this live view look when you go to post to find the pose or look you want.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:04:37 pm by bcooter »

Rob C

« Reply #3526 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:55 pm »

*Now I'm not saying the RED file will replace any professional still camera image.  It's a pretty look, but doesn't have that dead sharp still look.
Regardless, the pose that is in the RED file is not in the still images.  Kinda of close but not the same and that's where a still from motion is interesting as you get this live view look when you go to post to find the pose or look you want.

Now that's another thing to worry about: what happens when the still in the stills is better than any still culled from the motion set? It's a terrible quandry to have to face: it used to be a thing that happened if/when working 35mm and 120 format on the same shoot, something very rare for me, but nonetheless something real. Did one break the continuity of the set of trannies being handed over, get into client questions of why didn't you use all the same size? Tricky to answer honestly!

Good luck!

Rob C

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #3527 on: June 18, 2012, 12:11:32 am »

From a recent shoot with ZD.
RawTherapee & PS

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #3528 on: June 18, 2012, 12:14:14 am »

Super nice!  As usual.
Eduardo

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3529 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:44 am »

Unusual but beautiful work, Michael.  Nice to see you here again!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

geotzo

• http://www.georgetzortzis.com
« Reply #3530 on: June 18, 2012, 08:50:59 am »

Very nice indeed.

MichaelEzra

« Reply #3531 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:27 pm »

:) thanks

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3532 on: June 18, 2012, 12:07:11 pm »

Ok... I must admit I would not usually dare to criticize Michael Ezra's work (a fan, btw), but am I the only one bothered by the chopped-off head?

MichaelEzra

« Reply #3533 on: June 18, 2012, 12:30:41 pm »

It is not chopped off - it is Implied  ;)

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3534 on: June 19, 2012, 07:42:42 am »

Rob C

« Reply #3535 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »

Anybody seen Slobodan's head just roll out of sight?

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3536 on: June 19, 2012, 05:59:46 pm »

It is not chopped off - it is Implied  ;)

When it comes to women, implying a good head on shoulders is a risky proposition ;D

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3537 on: June 19, 2012, 06:38:20 pm »

Hy6 with Leaf Aptus II 12, 80mm f2.8 AFD.

bcooter

« Reply #3538 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

How things change.

http://www.russellrutherford.com

IMO

BC

TMARK

« Reply #3539 on: June 27, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

Great Cooter!

To all the commercial guys out there, or guys/gals wanting to shoot commercial, look at the Cooters site.  Understand story.  Embrace motion.

How things change.

http://www.russellrutherford.com

IMO

BC
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 214   Go Up