Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619008 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 10:43:25 pm »

Quote from: Murray Fredericks
Here's one from a series that's heading for exhibition.

Murray

Very nice.  Mind sharing camera/lens?

Murray Fredericks

• http://www.murrayfredericks.com
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 10:50:10 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Mind sharing camera/lens?
Cheers!

Shot on an Alpa SWA, with a 24mm APO Digitar XL, Sinar 75LV Back.

Cheers

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:33:37 pm by Murray Fredericks »
Exhibition Website   http://www.murrayfr

hubell

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 12:43:10 am »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Sorry to say I missed the Stones concert, although I've seen them many times since.  I was at a rock memorabilia show a couple of years ago and picked up the poster for the Hendrix show.  I'll shoot it and send it off to you.  Jim

Thanks.

dustblue

• http://www.moko.cc/dustblue
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 02:46:56 am »

Graham:

Very nice color and great composition!
Just a litte disappointment: the messy(sort of) foreground. I was always bothered by it too when I try to shoot some panorama for buildings like this, some times it's just impossible to find a higher eye point...

btw It's hard to see some of the photos which are not directly uploaded to LL, some times it's even impossible to see them. I tried many proxies to watch your photo this time (infact all your photos posted here recently, I have to find proxies for them...)  so if you will you could upload them directly to LL next time, that would be really convenient!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Dustblue

Quote from: foto-z
I lost a similar image a while ago in a hard disk crash, and had requests to buy prints of it so I had to wait for a decent evening to re-shoot it, which happened tonight:

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 07:26:19 am »

student housing, chicago.
shot from 17 meter crane. 15 sec. exposure.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:33:51 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2008, 09:54:05 am »

Nicely done Rainer!  Looks like wind wasn't an issue.   Jim

rainer_v

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:35 am »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Nicely done Rainer!  Looks like wind wasn't an issue.   Jim
no wind. although its astonishing how quiet some of this machines stand in wind, meanwhile they react hysteric to every movements of yourself.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

nikf

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 10:26:47 am »

Quote from: foto-z
I lost a similar image a while ago in a hard disk crash, and had requests to buy prints of it so I had to wait for a decent evening to re-shoot it, which happened tonight:

The evening mood is coming thru very good in this fine shot. What often disturbs me is the amount of shifting which leads in my perception to mushroom like buildings and blossom like effects of
buildings bending to the sides, especially in wide angle shots. Am I alone with this perception? I'm an artist who can do what he wants and therefore rarely use shifting because of these side effects.
I really would like to know if other photographers here use large amount of shifting because of clients demands or because they think it looks 'natural'?
Here is a simple example of one of my photo works with no shifting. It was captured with the H3DII39, which I had as a loaner from Hasselblad during the time my H3DII31 was repaired because of a sensor problem.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:27:39 am by nikf »

Snook

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 10:38:31 am »

Quote from: dustblue
Graham:

Very nice color and great composition!
Just a litte disappointment: the messy(sort of) foreground. I was always bothered by it too when I try to shoot some panorama for buildings like this, some times it's just impossible to find a higher eye point...

btw It's hard to see some of the photos which are not directly uploaded to LL, some times it's even impossible to see them. I tried many proxies to watch your photo this time (infact all your photos posted here recently, I have to find proxies for them...)  so if you will you could upload them directly to LL next time, that would be really convenient!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Dustblue

Has this become THE Dustblue show...??
Not only insulting peoples work in the other thread, Now making comments about others work here??

Who are you to make comments on peoples works (snapshot's) But now also in "professional" works...

Very strange character...

Should I/we Comment on some of your Overly retouched work....

Or can we just post our work and have people look at it or not....
Snook

dustblue

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 11:15:47 am »

Snook:

I will appreciate it if you commented on my photos, critics make people learn and grow. For the retouching, it's a combination of my opinion and the editor's(she wants the shiny effects as I wrote in my post), and I did 6 editions(3 of them were posted), the other 3 are relatively simpler.

I reply to Graham because I like his works, and he knows that(both publicly AND privately, you could ask him), so I am bold enough to show him my real feeling(I do so also because I have encountered the same problem, which I think isn't bad to share it)

I think I know why you reply like this and point me with a gun, I've read the other recent works thread.

And so I think it's better to let people judge.

But please leave this thread clean, don't make it chaos like what you did to the other thread.

And I'll thank you for that.

to xinchenc:

I know this is exactly what I said to you in another thread, because you wanted to take nationality as an excuse for what you did, and I don't think that's appropriate. I'm really sorry if that harms your feeling.

Dustblue
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:29:37 am by dustblue »

Snook

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 11:44:02 am »

Well that is fine then... Just in every other thread everyone get's hot headed over comments.. Very typical here.
I did not know this was a different thread.

Maybe you should change the topic heading or first thread to let people know.

I do not think it is a bad idea to have a critic thread at all..

Just normally in here if people have commented on images most people get in an up roar about it.
In many other threads there are soo many people commetning you get all kinds.

I do agree with you if it is made clear in the beginning...

Might be an interesting thread if that's the case...

Are comments like snapshot... critical opinion? Seriously...

I have seen many images in the "recent" threads that look like crap, not only photographically but Quality as well and they were shot with MFDB...
I have to hold back the comments many times as sometimes as they all know in here I have a thin Filter and say what I feel most of the time whether anyone likes it or not.

It's a hard battle..:+}

Just wondering when critique becomes offense.. that is the thin line....

Snook

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:45:08 am by Snook »

dustblue

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 12:53:00 pm »

Xin:

I think normally defination of professional photographers is whom make their income more than 50% on photography. I make my income 100% on photography, so I don't hesitate for a second to label myself as a professional. I am young, and I am learning, and thank you for your kindly notice.

About your previous thread, I don't want to say too much, just let people dig themselves(if they are interested...).

This is still a "works" thread, we'll all appreciate that if you post your works, but not quarrel.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Dustblue

Quote from: xinchenc
What is the meaning of your 'Recent Profenssional Works'? Are your works professional? How do you take photo? By camera or Photoshop? All I can say is that you are too young. At your age, especially when doing some PS works for big magazine as Bazaar, you can easily regard yourself as something.

Thanks for your mention on my previous posts on Leaf AFi. You even have not bought and owned a Leaf AFi or a Sinar Hy6, how could you judge what I was saying? Upon your greatest imagnation? I have never made my purchasing experience of Leaf AFi public (Even at this time, I still believe Leaf AFi a great product).

Xin

rainer_v

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 01:32:01 pm »

Quote from: nikf
buildings bending to the sides, especially in wide angle shots. Am I alone with this perception? I'm an artist who can do what he wants and therefore rarely use shifting because of these side effects.
I really would like to know if other photographers here use large amount of shifting because of clients demands or because they think it looks 'natural'?

i`d say that this depends on how these lenses are used and you cant make any rule out of singulat images,
nor if you yourself are not used to work with this lenses or cameras.

in fact an alpa with a  lens with larger image circle is a camera system which allows movements, as there have been this kind of cameras since the very early days of photography. how are used the perspectivic possibilities in a way that a "natural" perception is realised is not allways easy, further it does not mean that vertical lines have allways be corrected to 100%.  there is certainly no rule in it which could leave to your conclusion that its wrong or right to use it or people just use it because they cant work "free".  i personally love to use shift cameras and use them whenever i can for static subjects, client demand or not.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:33:28 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

juicy

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 02:06:28 pm »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:59:02 pm by juicy »

dustblue

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 02:10:48 pm »

Thanks Rainer.
I myself sometimes have the same confusion with nikf too. These two photos were both stitched, with the first one looks a little "big headed", it's not hard to tune it in the panorama tools, but I just can't get a single satisfied result from it. And the second one looks more pleasing to me, and it's very easy to get to this point for this single image.(sorry I still didn't finish retouching and you could see luminous ununiformity caused by tonemapping)

regards,
Dustblue

Quote from: rainer_v
i`d say that this depends on how these lenses are used and you cant make any rule out of singulat images,

simplify

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 02:27:20 pm »

sticking to the subject.

Phase One P45+ Last night with a group of bay area night photographers.
[attachment=9058:Mare001.jpg]
[attachment=9059:Mare002.jpg]
[attachment=9060:Mare003.jpg]

juicy

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 03:09:36 pm »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:02:12 pm by juicy »

nikf

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
(...)
 there is certainly no rule in it which could leave to your conclusion that its wrong or right to use it or people just use it because they cant work "free".  i personally love to use shift cameras and use them whenever i can for static subjects, client demand or not.

I didn't propose a rule or made a conclusion, I asked ... I have and use shift (and tilt) lenses myself for my Nikon stuff and will try Hasselblads offering for my H3DII. It was an impression from my side, that shifting seems often been used quite drastically and the photos get a somewhat strange look IMO. I would never support making rules for aesthetic work. I quite simply asked for the reason for obviously strong shifting. Is it style, client demand, fashionable or what?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:17:37 pm by nikf »

juicy

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 03:27:32 pm »

Lines of thought.

[attachment=9062:lines_1_bw.jpg]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:55:21 pm by juicy »

rainer_v

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 03:32:15 pm »

Quote from: nikf
I quite simply asked for the reason for obviously strong shifting. Is it style, client demand, fashionable or what?

neither nor.
its one of the oldest photographic technics beeing used on plate cameras even in the 19th century and allows
perspectivic corrections as they are  done as well in drawings.
in any case the results with unsymmetric shift lenses as nikon/canon/schneider/contax/olympus arent
comparable with symmetric lenses with large image circle as used on the alpas/cambos/artecs or on 4x5".

more fashionable than using shift seems to me the use of extrem wide angles, shiftable or not. i personnally use them with care.

Quote from: dustblue
Thanks Rainer.
I myself sometimes have the same confusion with nikf too. These two photos were both stitched, with the first one looks a little "big headed", it's not hard to tune it in the panorama tools, but I just can't get a single satisfied result from it. And the second one looks more pleasing to me, and it's very easy to get to this point for this single image.(sorry I still didn't finish retouching and you could see luminous ununiformity caused by tonemapping)

regards,
Dustblue

i agree about the second one. looks as a nice perspective and here you have done what i wrote above: not correcting the verticals for 100%.

its seems very difficult with these 180 degrees (or more) shots to get pleasing results which contain more than the spectacular wide effect. i had ( and have ) a seitz roundshot camera, i was in love with it some time but nearly forgot to use it therefor. although i`ve seen roundshots which are great, but for architecture its not easy i.m.o.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:06:01 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 214   Go Up