Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 215   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1256980 times)

Rob C

Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3500 on: April 29, 2012, 03:43:58 AM »

Exactly, Rob.

Just scroll up to CB's other images in the series and all will be revealed.

Goodness me! Unless my peepers decive me (not unknown!) the lady has just changed her trousers, too. In one shot they are quite a dark colour and in the controversial shot, pale!

I suspect I'd best leave it there.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #3501 on: April 30, 2012, 04:36:03 AM »

As an observation on ottomans and general civility/politeness: this morning, whilst chewing the cornflakes and catching up with bits of news on tv, a commercial came on for KFC. There they were, the perfect family, most of them with feet up on the coffee table, munching on their 'food'.

I guess that says it all. But then, if folks are willing to be patrons of a company that sells and advertsies so-called food in a 'family bucket' what can either they or we expect?

Ciao -

Rob C

ondebanks

« Reply #3502 on: April 30, 2012, 07:13:26 AM »

I guess that says it all. But then, if folks are willing to be patrons of a company that sells and advertsies so-called food in a 'family bucket' what can either they or we expect?

Ever see this episode of "The I.T. crowd" (not sure if it's shown outside Ireland & UK?) -

At 04:35
Jen: What are you eating anyway?
Roy: It's a bucket of fried chicken. And it comes in a real bucket.

[He holds up a large agricultural black plastic bucket, labelled "Chicken Feast"]

:D
Ray

Rob C

« Reply #3503 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »

Ever see this episode of "The I.T. crowd" (not sure if it's shown outside Ireland & UK?) -

At 04:35

[He holds up a large agricultural black plastic bucket, labelled "Chicken Feast"]

Ray

Thanks for confirming my sanity at a time when I thought I was the only sane one left or the only crazy amongst us here!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #3504 on: April 30, 2012, 02:46:55 PM »

They're not the perfect family, they're the perfect ill mannered, junk food loving, bucket slurping, KFC family, cast to attract other ill mannered, junk food loving, bucket slurping, KFC families.

Deep breaths, Rob.

;-)

Deep breaths, the man says, deep breaths! I'm facing the eye hospital tomorrow at 9.30; the community gardener seems to have left us with a friggin' jungle; the Internet deal I struck with Telefonica that was to give me WiFi, more free Spanish tv channels (I don't watch any, most of the time) and other goodies more than I was getting under my existing contract turns out, over the time I've had it, to be ten euros a month more expensive, when I'd only changed over because I was told it was going to save me a lot of money each month!!!! Tomorrow, if I'm still sane after the eye-doc, I shall face another battle, in their shop, with Telefonica. Guess who won't win!

Adding insult to injury, the guy who fitted the WiFi on Telefonica's behalf was so bad that I ended up paying a private firm just under two hundred euros to sort it all out!

On today's invoice from Telefonica, I see that the fine print offers me up to 6Mb of Internet speed; using speedtest.net I see I'm really getting 3.83 of the damned things! I don't expect to win that one, either.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breas... sweet, deep dreams!

Rob C

P.S. More deeeep breaths.

Set off for the hospital this morning, concerned at the lack of traffic which made me think that unemployment on the island must be really, really bad. The carpark was fairly empty, and then I found the restaurant was closed, as was Reception. I sat down and pondered, pulled out the cellphone and looked at the date: wrong effin’ day! The appointment’s tomorrow.

On getting home, fears of Alzheimer’s etc. storming through my brain as I drove, I had an instant check of the calendar: yep, red days, blue days, black days, saints for every day of the week and Moons. Moons, don’t mention the Moons! There are so many of them it must be a product designed for astronomers. However, the day was still the wrong day.

Ironic, that having designed, shot and produced so many calendars, I end up with a nightmare freebie from the grocer…

Oh well, my reward must be waiting for me somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:16:28 AM by Rob C »

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3505 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »

Ray

Being creative now seems to necessitate being unacceptable to the Robs and mes of the world...

...good ideal for a stock shot would be teenagers eating chips ¿or silage? out of a trough in a posh restaurant?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

leeonmaui

« Reply #3506 on: May 01, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »

Three new pieces going into proofing.

leeonmaui

« Reply #3507 on: May 01, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »

North shore
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:28:08 PM by leeonmaui »

leeonmaui

« Reply #3508 on: May 01, 2012, 09:27:01 PM »

I like this one best

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #3509 on: May 01, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »

"I like this one best"

Beautiful!
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #3510 on: May 01, 2012, 11:02:53 PM »

Looks like a cure for constipation in my book...

-Nik

Rob,

If you think architects, interior designers and art directors do sometimes crazy stuff, wait till you see what this guy did:

Glass Floored Bathroom Built Directly over an Empty Elevator Shaft

Rob C

« Reply #3511 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »

Looks like a cure for constipation in my book...

-Nik

You mean as in instant, dry enema?

Rob C

NickCroken

« Reply #3512 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »

I had the opportunity to work with one of my favourite cars last week, the 2006 Ford GT.

ChristopherBarrett

« Reply #3513 on: May 16, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »

on another really nice project currently...

though more recently obsessed with filmmaking, I still love capturing great design with the Arca.

Rob C

« Reply #3514 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »

though more recently obsessed with filmmaking, I still love capturing great design with the Arca.

Lovely sense of light and lightness.

Rob C

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3515 on: May 16, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »

I had the opportunity to work with one of my favourite cars last week, the 2006 Ford GT.
Nick, one of my neighbors has one with the same paint scheme. But back to the images: like the first one, #2 is so bright it hurts my eyes. Maybe it's just me, but I think a toning down would help.

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #3516 on: May 16, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

Simple, elegant, classic.
Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM
LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)

NickCroken

« Reply #3517 on: May 16, 2012, 04:56:20 PM »

Nick, one of my neighbors has one with the same paint scheme. But back to the images: like the first one, #2 is so bright it hurts my eyes. Maybe it's just me, but I think a toning down would help.

Ya, the second one is really bright.  Are you looking at it on a calibrated display?  On my spectraview it looks great but my MBP monitor makes it look pretty poor.

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #3518 on: May 18, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »

One from a series I did about fitness in the military.

This was a firefighting team at a US Air Force Reserve Base. A training exercise with a mock aircraft fuselage flooded with jet fuel.

I followed them in as close as I could get, about when I felt the hair on my arms start to singe, it was pretty hot. I was not wearing one of those protective suits.

Phase One P30+ back on a Mamiya 645AFDII. I used it flawlessly all day and came away very convinced that the DSLR was not mandatory for photographs with more action.

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #3519 on: May 19, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »

Definitely. And they look less plaster manequin-like. Luv'em!
Eduardo

Some of the pictures from the series might look better in BW, I think.... Will try :)

EDIT: added a couple of BWs :)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 215   Go Up