Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best ways to promote a photo workshop  (Read 2347 times)

kevs

Best ways to promote a photo workshop
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:52:25 pm »

I thinking of doing some lighting/portrait photo workshops. What are the best url/websites that can help get the word out? What other ideas could help promote a photography workshop? The more ideas the better. thanks!

lightstand

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:35:25 pm »

maybe a site like model mayhem or connect yourself with an organization such as your Asmp chapter. And give the talk/demonstration through them. Just ideas

kevs

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 11:00:39 pm »

The model mayhem idea is interesting, have not thought of that. Not sure announcing that would be kosher, but my guess is it may work.
Don't really want to do the workshops through the photo groups, but perhpas announing on board is ok
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:25:30 am »

Well, one model is where you are now - LL established a base of traffic starting about 10 years ago and as the site got popular Michael had a good communication channel to promote his workshops.  The folks at Radiant Vista have done the same - almost too successful, their ISP/bandwidth costs got out of hand, but their workshops are all well subscribed.

But.... it's a ton of work, and establishing regular traffic is tough - you're got to create unique and valuable content given the competition.

kevs

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »

Thanks Tim,
yeah, I'm not going to start a full blown website like this, but if you have any tips ideas where you can promote online, various website places, blogs, please let me know
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s
Pages: [1]   Go Up