Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support  (Read 41790 times)

Snook

Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Quote from: Imaginara
Thanks for the help Doug, but im using Vista not OSX. This seems to be a pretty confirmed bug now as people have had problems with 40D's and even 1Dsmk3's according to the PhaseOne forums.

I guess i'll go back to my old workflow for now and wait for a patch.

Well I got it so far to work in my iMac and my Laptop..
But My G5 there is no hope it seems...?
I un-installed every Capture Program there is..
There has to be some kind of hidden file somewhere because after installing when I go to License to put my code in.. it already has my information in the dialogue box?
Can you tell us where maybe these hidden files are in order to throw them out...
Not sure that is the problem. but might help.

I have all greyed out menus..
I have 15 P30 tif files loaded and nothing happens.. Cannot make any adjustments.

Thanks for any further assistance
Snook

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2008, 05:16:51 pm »

Snook look under user (You) preference file in the library look for this and delete com.phaseone.captureone.plist  before loading. Also look in user (You) pictures and dump the Capture one folder. Obviously the applications file and than under library to application support look in there for Capture one stuff and dumb that. I think there is some more also. I had a link posted earlier on the rest but look in every snook and cranny something sounds like it stuck in the hard drive

Oops more this was from Doug the other day i asked about this . Follow this also

Delete 4. Delete preferences/cache/application support. Per uninstall instructions:
http://phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/A...mp;LanguageID=1
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:18:32 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Snook

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2008, 05:27:18 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
Snook look under user (You) preference file in the library look for this and delete com.phaseone.captureone.plist  before loading. Also look in user (You) pictures and dump the Capture one folder. Obviously the applications file and than under library to application support look in there for Capture one stuff and dumb that. I think there is some more also. I had a link posted earlier on the rest but look in every snook and cranny something sounds like it stuck in the hard drive

Oops more this was from Doug the other day i asked about this . Follow this also

Delete 4. Delete preferences/cache/application support. Per uninstall instructions:
http://phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/A...mp;LanguageID=1

HEY HEY Thanks..
I got it working
For some reason I was directing it to some files on another drive and for some reason??? I did not have permission on the drive??

Pulled them over to this drive and they worked...
Thanks a lot guys for helping and sorry about the bickering about RA..:+}
He is just a sore spot since he ripped me off...:+}

Thanks again

Now to try and get everything down and flowing again..:+}

Does the Back-up option work when tethering so that the images get saved to another location not just the capture library structure so I can check to make sure everything is copied and there..
Paranoid I am going to do a job with it and some how images get lost.
I remember some people reporting Folders disappearing and losing images..
Never happen to me, but you never know..
Thank you again for the patience.

One thing I noticed when trying my DB code for the program.. 2 times I set it on Try Out and when I did there were no Skin tool eye dropper etc... It did not have the same options..
Does that mean the trial option is limited to something??
And I guess I can not process any older Canon 1DsMII files unless I have the Pro Activated? Or is that for tethering only?
Thanks
Snook

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2008, 07:48:22 pm »

Quote from: Snook
HEY HEY Thanks..
I got it working
For some reason I was directing it to some files on another drive and for some reason??? I did not have permission on the drive??

Pulled them over to this drive and they worked...
Thanks a lot guys for helping and sorry about the bickering about RA..:+}
He is just a sore spot since he ripped me off...:+}

Thanks again

Now to try and get everything down and flowing again..:+}

Does the Back-up option work when tethering so that the images get saved to another location not just the capture library structure so I can check to make sure everything is copied and there..
Paranoid I am going to do a job with it and some how images get lost.
I remember some people reporting Folders disappearing and losing images..
Never happen to me, but you never know..
Thank you again for the patience.

One thing I noticed when trying my DB code for the program.. 2 times I set it on Try Out and when I did there were no Skin tool eye dropper etc... It did not have the same options..
Does that mean the trial option is limited to something??
And I guess I can not process any older Canon 1DsMII files unless I have the Pro Activated? Or is that for tethering only?
Thanks
Snook

Backup during a tethered shoot is a trade off of performance and data-security. We have a great white paper on backup methods appropriate to before and during a tethered shoot which allow you to control this trade off. You can download the white paper from our blog.

Super to hear that you're up and running. I suspected there was some user-error involved (no offense at all intended; I just mean that with all of the error free installs we've been privy to it seemed strange that there would be genuine bug involved).

When you set it to "Try Out" you likely did not notice that you could pull down and select to try out either "Capture One" or "Capture One Pro". Skin tones and Color Editor (and others) are limited to the pro version, so they would not have shown up if you elected to try out "Capture One" which is the default option.

PROCESSING of dSLRs are supported by both Capture One and Capture One Pro. The only time you are restricted from viewing/adjusting/processing dSLR files is if you elect to use the free Capture One DB, which is restricted to digital back files. TETHERING of dSLRS on the other hand is restricted to Capture One Pro only.

Keep those questions coming Snook!

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

Snook

« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:13 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Backup during a tethered shoot is a trade off of performance and data-security. We have a great white paper on backup methods appropriate to before and during a tethered shoot which allow you to control this trade off. You can download the white paper from our blog.

Super to hear that you're up and running. I suspected there was some user-error involved (no offense at all intended; I just mean that with all of the error free installs we've been privy to it seemed strange that there would be genuine bug involved).

When you set it to "Try Out" you likely did not notice that you could pull down and select to try out either "Capture One" or "Capture One Pro". Skin tones and Color Editor (and others) are limited to the pro version, so they would not have shown up if you elected to try out "Capture One" which is the default option.

PROCESSING of dSLRs are supported by both Capture One and Capture One Pro. The only time you are restricted from viewing/adjusting/processing dSLR files is if you elect to use the free Capture One DB, which is restricted to digital back files. TETHERING of dSLRS on the other hand is restricted to Capture One Pro only.

Keep those questions coming Snook!

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

Hey Doug thanks for the good info..
I know I and others complain a lot sometimes but I really do wish the program works well for Me, You and everyone...:+}
I just get upset sometimes over the way things are handled.
You definitely go out of your way to help people and that speaks a lot about you.

Not sure if you were serious about the keep the questions coming but they will..:+]
Thanks again
Snook

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:32 pm »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix/Phase One
Samuel:

I think it's possible that a new release of software which is different from an interface standpoint would seem less intuitive than a program you had been used to. I think if you give it some time, get used to it, and get used to everything you can do with it - particularly from an interface standpoint - you will find 4.5 very flexible and intuitive. Maybe not, but that is my experience so far.

True, the Color Editor should not be crashing, but are you saying that you preferred it as a separate program, rather than integrated into the main program? And we have been using Color Editor extensively both yesterday and today with no crashes on several computers, so interested in what is happening with yours.

I've sat through most of two C1 4.5 Pro seminars yesterday and today and I think there is quite a bit that is not so obvious that will delight you.

Also as far as speed, 4.5 should be as fast or faster than 3.7.9. Last night we exported a 380 MB file from a P65+ in 16 seconds on a Mac Pro.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One

Well, I must say I'm very pleased with 4.5. After a couple of early mishaps I have it working on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro (both with Leopard) and I find it gives clearly better results with my P45+ than Lightroom, my most-used application. It does hang occasionally but overall I'm delighted. Now if it only has LR's grad filter....
Bill

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2008, 03:28:43 am »

with my mk3 ive been using the technique of shooting raw to card, and small jpegs to sd card, with the camera sending the jpegs to the computer to get very fast previews into the horrible canon software.

but i just tried doing the same with c1 4.5, and it seems to work really well.  it takes 1.5 seconds for the preview to send and render on a macbookpro 2.4 !

this is a big deal. things like this will really make my life easier.  sre its not as good as getting the raw to the screen in under 2 sec, but its the next best thing. and its easy to tell sharpness with a 50% jpg, you dont need a 100% pixel level study to see somethings on or off with focus.

i can now run the same software with both digital backs and the canon.

very happy.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up