Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support  (Read 41805 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2008, 11:19:09 am »

Quote from: Imaginara
the pro or not pro is based on the license key. So if the key is for a pro version, thats what will be enabled.

I'm right now not very happy with them though. I tried to get my 40D to work tethered but the entire program just locks up whenever i try to connect the camera. And when i made a support question, it was obvious that the support technician did not have a clue about it but just re-iterated a standard reply. Too bad the reply showed the lack of knowledge in the worst way.

So now im waiting for a technician who actually knows the difference between a Canon with the old communication protocols and one with the new protocol (which incidentally was the reason that they didnt bother updating C1 3 to tether with the new Canons)

argh.. i need sleep i think.

Have you checked the Type8Camera problem? description and fix on our blog:

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/05/...ng-in-osx-1052/

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

Doug Peterson

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2008, 11:20:30 am »

Quote from: Snook
Anybody else having trouble with the eye dropper tools..
My do not show up when I click them...???
Cannot use the eye dropper tool to check a white balance chart??
Can anybody verify it is just me??
Thanks

I think it is just me b/c works fine in main Computer..
trying to do a complete un-install of older 4.1 on computer to see if that helps..

Snook

Click and hold on the dropper tool in the upper middle (unless you've moved it, since all locations are customizable). There are several "droppers" and I suspect you have one selected other than the white balance dropper.

The WB dropper can be quickly accessed by it's shortcut "W".

Personal Portfolio

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2008, 11:23:34 am »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Steve

Need your help.  I ran C1 V4.5 Pro and each time it starts, there is an error message panel titled" CaptureOne SessionPersistency" or something.  The software seems to run after that but when I click on Process it crashes.  If I clicked on Delete it also crashes.  I'm on XP SP3 shooting 1Ds MKIII.  Any idea what to look for?  I have removed and reinstalled to no avail.

Thanks.

Henry

Henry:

I received a response back on your issue.

Try this and let me know if the results improve please.

****C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\My Documents\My Pictures\Capture One Library
Delete the Capture One.col and it should be solved.****

Steve Hendrix
Phase One

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Snook

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2008, 11:52:30 am »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
Tethered works too

Phase P25 plus and Phase body works fine with a 3 second from shot to preview. A little faster than before. Just a quick test but it seems to work with no issues at all. I am on 10.5 Leopard

Make that 2.5 seconds

Thank you very much Guy...
Jeez that was hard to get an answer...:+}
I thought many would be ringing commenting as that was the main thing missing with pro version..
Thank you again
Snook

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2008, 12:02:22 pm »

LOL Just took me a awhile to get there but all is well in the tethered area at least with the Phase products . Not sure on Canon

I really think Phase did a nice job on this and folks just need to work with it awhile and see how it goes but I see image improvements . My files seem sharper without anything bad , my color is like dead on and i tried a shot i did in C1 4 that i really had trouble with in regards to color early morning bathing suit shot with ring flash and in 4.5 it came up almost perfect out of the box. The controls for my Mamiya glass is outstanding. My 28mm I can take out the distortion and really clean it up nicely. test shot I did below before i start this job this month but it looks just about perfect with the controls. For the Tiger folks I would suggest get a external drive or internal drive and carbon copy Tiger to another drive so if the crap hits the fan you have a backup to load back on or use for certain printers and such than load leopard do all the updates and load C1 . This way you have both OS on different drives and can boot to either one. Than when you are comfortable with leopard and all that than just delete Tiger when ready. But give yorself a option. You can boot up from a exteranl drive with a Mac so it should still keep you in business. maybe not in the middle of a project but when time allows and you still have Tiger to work .

So far I really like it and i am sure a few bugs may pop in but it is pretty stable so far. Obviously need to work with it more but a load of new controls that I really like
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:03:38 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Snook

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:48 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Click and hold on the dropper tool in the upper middle (unless you've moved it, since all locations are customizable). There are several "droppers" and I suspect you have one selected other than the white balance dropper.

The WB dropper can be quickly accessed by it's shortcut "W".

Personal Portfolio

My problem is all Buttons are greyed out and do not work at all...
I cannot make any adjustments!!
I have un-installed and re-installed 3 times now and still get the same problem...
G5 10.5.5 here....

Anybody?
Thanks
Snook

Also every time I try and do the activate I get the spinning ball of death and have to force quit the application...?
Thanks for any further help..

Got it Activated through internet
BUT still have all greyed out buttons. I can click on the eye dropper but the icon (arrow) never changes to an eye dropper and does not work at all..
I can process and image just cannot make any adjustments...??
I installed the same thing on another computer and it works fine...
Do not want to try the laptop until I get this worked out..
I notice some one had the same problem in an earlier post...
Snook
Snook
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:28:34 pm by Snook »

flashfredrikson

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2008, 12:22:08 pm »

Just tried the 1ds MKIII with the new C1. It works like it should and it works as fast as eos utility. Means painfully slow, but that's indeed not Phase One's fault, Apple should really give us faster USB drivers, maybe that will happen soon as they are just getting rid of Firewire. In the meantime VMWare Fusion is a good solution.

flashfredrikson

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2008, 12:25:18 pm »

My problem is all Buttons are greyed out and do not work at all...
I cannot make any adjustments!!
I have un-installed and re-installed 3 times now and still get the same problem...
G5 10.5.5 here....

Anybody?
Thanks
Snook

Also every time I try and do the activate I get the spinning ball of death and have to force quit the application...?
Thanks for any further help..
Snook

Sure it's raw files you are trying to work on? C1 does not allow adjustments on jpgs for example... Then everything is greyed out.

Guy Mancuso

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2008, 12:27:40 pm »

One other thing you really need to wipe out any previous version of C1 and on a mac stuff is about 4 or 5 different spots on your drive. This could cause issues with 4.5

Guy Mancuso

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2008, 12:29:24 pm »

Quote from: flashfredrikson
Just tried the 1ds MKIII with the new C1. It works like it should and it works as fast as eos utility. Means painfully slow, but that's indeed not Phase One's fault, Apple should really give us faster USB drivers, maybe that will happen soon as they are just getting rid of Firewire. In the meantime VMWare Fusion is a good solution.

can't believe Canon went to USB on there bodies. Never on a Mac or PC have I had anything but issues with USB

Doug Peterson

« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2008, 12:31:21 pm »

Sure it's raw files you are trying to work on? C1 does not allow adjustments on jpgs for example... Then everything is greyed out.

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing this problem so that would definitely explain it.

Personal Portfolio

Doug Peterson

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2008, 12:33:57 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
can't believe Canon went to USB on there bodies. Never on a Mac or PC have I had anything but issues with USB

The cold hard fact is that dSLR bodies are not made with tethering in mind; it is a secondary function and it doesn't seem likely they will ever truly focus on it. Moving to USB is just one example; sub-par native tethering applications is another.

That said, for those who don't use tethering as their primary workflow having it as an available function is great.

This coming from a Canon dealer.

Personal Portfolio

Snook

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2008, 12:49:28 pm »

Thanks , but they are P30 .tif files...
Really weird...
I do not even use my Canon really lately at all..

Will try and Un-install all C-1 even 3.7.9

I saw some ealier had the same problem..
But cannot find their thread at the moment...?
It was by (sp) shwenk member?
Thanks for trying to help..
I really hate to have to un-install all my 3.7 versions..as I still plan on using them...?
Snook

Doug Peterson

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2008, 01:22:59 pm »

Thanks , but they are P30 .tif files...
Really weird...
I do not even use my Canon really lately at all..

Will try and Un-install all C-1 even 3.7.9

I saw some ealier had the same problem..
But cannot find their thread at the moment...?
It was by (sp) shwenk member?
Thanks for trying to help..
I really hate to have to un-install all my 3.7 versions..as I still plan on using them...?
Snook

Uninstall C1 4
Uninstall C1 3

Let us know the results.

Personal Portfolio

Imaginara

« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2008, 02:15:17 pm »

Well i just heard back from Phase One support regarding tethering on the 40D.. and the reply was "We do not currently have a 40D for testing so please use hot folders instead."

No thank you.

I can understand the problem with having every single camera to test with but then it should state that it has not been tested with 40D and that they do not guarantee that it will work with one.

RicAgu

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2008, 02:24:51 pm »

All working here.

Shot a portrait job with it yesterday evening and worked flawlessly.  Have some more playing to do, but out of a 17 Macbook Pro tethering a P45 was no problem.  it was only three folders with maybe 100 shots in each folder, so didn't put it through its PHASES (no PUN intended)

My shoot tower is still Tiger and may keep it that way for a while, but my 17" came Leopard installed and couldn't change it.  Rarely tether Canon anymore unless catalog and I hope some of those days are behind me.

Maybe if the STOOL on here had a purchased version instead of a CRACKED/HACKED Stolen version it would work properly.

Best of Luck to all shooting with Phase in these new software days.  But I am sure Phase and CI Phase in Atlanta will do all to help.

jmboss

« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2008, 02:38:32 pm »

OK,

So finally Capture One Pro 4.5 is available.

Two immediate questions that I have are:

1.) The Release Notes state that "to ensure the best possible results" an Intel-based Mac "is recommended" in order to operate C1P 4.5. I have a PPC based Mac G4. Will the program operate correctly with this processor?

2.)Live Preview for Phase One P+ digital backs is not supported in the C1P 4.5 Windows version. Is there any time table on when Live Preview will be available for Windows?

Thanks for any info.

Joe

Snook

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2008, 03:23:30 pm »

Quote from: RicAgu
All working here.

Shot a portrait job with it yesterday evening and worked flawlessly.  Have some more playing to do, but out of a 17 Macbook Pro tethering a P45 was no problem.  it was only three folders with maybe 100 shots in each folder, so didn't put it through its PHASES (no PUN intended)

My shoot tower is still Tiger and may keep it that way for a while, but my 17" came Leopard installed and couldn't change it.  Rarely tether Canon anymore unless catalog and I hope some of those days are behind me.

Maybe if the STOOL on here had a purchased version instead of a CRACKED/HACKED Stolen version it would work properly.

Best of Luck to all shooting with Phase in these new software days.  But I am sure Phase and CI Phase in Atlanta will do all to help.

Hey dumb ass they finally let you out or still on Paroll/Pay-roll.....??
If you own a Phase Back you get the software...
Stolen version... ain't that the Pot calling the kettle black??

Only person here with a record of stealing stuff is you... Or did you forget?
Thanks for the help guys.. will try to un-install everything.

Snook

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:22 pm »

Hey dumb ass they finally let you out or still on Paroll/Pay-roll.....??
If you own a Phase Back you get the software...
Stolen version... ain't that the Pot calling the kettle black??

Only person here with a record of stealing stuff is you... Or did you forget?
Thanks for the help guys.. will try to un-install everything.

Snook

Would you two have the civility to take this cat fight somewhere else, like another forum?  In another country?  In another cosmos?
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

Imaginara

« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2008, 04:36:25 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Have you checked the Type8Camera problem? description and fix on our blog:

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/05/...ng-in-osx-1052/

Personal Portfolio
Thanks for the help Doug, but im using Vista not OSX. This seems to be a pretty confirmed bug now as people have had problems with 40D's and even 1Dsmk3's according to the PhaseOne forums.

I guess i'll go back to my old workflow for now and wait for a patch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up