Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support  (Read 41783 times)

geesbert

• http://www.randlkofer.com
Capture One Pro 4.5 Tethered Support
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 08:46:09 am »

sorry, Phase One meant 15th October 2009. just a small glitch...
-------------------------
[url=http://ww

gwhitf

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 09:06:43 am »

Quote from: bcooter
But hey, I understand phase has been busy, so why write for 10.4 and 10.5.5.  I'm sure designing that spring loaded firewire door is more important and if V4 has issues, we all know the response will be wait until apple comes out with 10.5.6.

Let's be honest -- Capture One 4 Pro is so late that, when Phase started writing it, the current OS at that time would probably have been 10.3!

Let's just hope this whole discussion is a moot point, and that today, when it's launching, it works just fine with 10.4.

I did not even mention the whole ImagePrint driver thing last night; Epson alone is enough to keep you one OS behind.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:07:04 am by gwhitf »

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 09:16:13 am »

I did not know Imageprint was a issue and understand that part and being in the middle of a project i certainly understand that also. I don't update in the middle of a major project either. I got burned from Adobe on that one alone. But 10.5 seems to have been working without issue on my system and software for awhile now. CS3, LR, C1 and my Epson printer and other printers have been working without a glitch so far.

Okay just the messenger here so don't shoot me in the head . I'm pretty tried of the BS myself, I am here just to help folks. I asked Doug from CI a question last night about removing C1.4 first. His response

Shoot. Really need to make a blog entry for this.

Delete 4. Delete preferences/cache/application support. Per uninstall instructions:
http://phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/A...mp;LanguageID=1

Doug

Also. It is 10.5 only. No Tiger support.

More when im not dead.

Doug

I do not know the exact timing when it will be released but i was assured it is today. I would imagine they are going by NY time. I beta tested for Leica and they went by NY time also.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:20:48 am by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

antonyoung

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 09:40:01 am »

Quote from: John Schweikert
Leopard offers little if anything I NEED to run my business and make better photos. Gear sluts and software hounds who have to have the brand new things don't always represent the smartest business minds. I consider CO V4.5 Pro to be a long overdue upgrade, never expecting a 10.5 mandate.

gwhitf said it well. You know gwhitf sounds a lot like a Mark Tucker 'mini-me' after reading many of his posts. The level of experience is needed in the forum.

I find it ironic that Phase supports XP and Vista, but Tiger may be out of the question. That's a little hypocritical. I know many are avoiding Vista like the plague. Maybe we should do the same with Leopard.

I don't have time to mess with 4.5 yet, but if I have to switch to 10.5 I will. If you do have to switch to 10.5 and that's a deal breaker for you then stay with 3.7.9 and be a smart business mind instead of a software hound.  

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 09:45:08 am »

Yes, I have confirmed Leopard is a requirement.

Normally Phase One does go back at least one major OS in compatibility requirements.

The sub level differences between 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard) are substantial however. And while some of the build may have been started for Tiger, when Leopard arrived it clearly presented challenges. I think the time it has taken for us to get the software to market demonstrates that quite effectively.

I think a decision has to be made at some point whether you're going to launch by a certain date, which is already way late past expectations or are you going to push out the delivery date by even another 6 months or more. If we had Leopard and Tiger compatibility, by the time we had both and ready for release it is quite likely that Snow Leopard would be out, meaning even more delay. I would expect that major OS revisions are extremely traumatic for a software development team and that it would be easy to get behind and then never get caught up as OS revisions keep coming and you have to to keep writing.

All this said, Mac OS 10.5 has been out over a year now, since October, 2007. And we are not the only MFDB company, nor the first, to have this restriction. Potentially there are workarounds I would think, running a dual boot with multiple OS's, dedicating a cheap Mac for print jobs, etc. I know these aren't ideal. And I do absolutely agree it sucks about having to upgrade an OS before you want. I am not a fan of that either. If there was a way for our development team to go back to Tiger realistically, they would have done so.

Regarding the 4.5 download - it is not a hoax, it should be available today. There is no issue that means it's going to be another 2 months, etc.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Snook

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 09:54:23 am »

Don't know what everyone is worried about.
I personally Love it and find it way faster than 10.4
I do understand if you have problems with printing but I have not heard any problems "lately"
they are already at 10.5.5 and talking about the next OS.

I think it is time to start making a a change and after all you can always have it on a boot drive and use it when ever you want.
I have currently 10.4 and 10.5 in the same G5 and used to switch back and forth until I trusted all my applications would work with Leopard.

Are there people still in Jaguar.. I doubt it, so I think you need to move up anyways.
What you going to stay with an OS that will be out dated (which it already is in my mind) for ever.

Usually 10.?.4 and above is usually when you should make the move and of course when it is compatible with your programs you use.

Unless you have and iMac I do not see why you cannot have both or boot up to both.

Apple has always had problems with Epson in my mind and still may have. My epson work fine but I am not printing Pro prints.

I have been on Leopard since 10.5.1 and Never had a problem except with my mail application.

Hope for you all it is also for 10.4 , That would suck waiting this long and not even being able to use it.

Steve Beat me to it.... and I agree and understand why they would not have 10.4 if it is that different and another OS coming soon..

By the way, what is New York time... New York is already up and pumping...:+}

Do you mean by the "end" of the New York day... False hopes again?

Snook
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:59:18 am by Snook »

gwhitf

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 10:00:32 am »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix/Phase One
Potentially there are workarounds I would think, running a dual boot with multiple OS's, dedicating a cheap Mac for print jobs, etc. I know these aren't ideal. And I do absolutely agree it sucks about having to upgrade an OS before you want. I am not a fan of that either. If there was a way for our development team to go back to Tiger realistically, they would have done so.

Mr. Hendrix:

I'll tell you what sucks -- what sucks is, after waiting for a long time to have the 1ds3 to be able to tether to CaptureOne, is the fact that we're told one day before the release that it'll only work on 10.5.

One day.

This only illustrates my continued issue with the Phase One corporation, and their lack of ability to work with their photographer customers who are MAKING THEIR LIVING with their products, rather than out shooting bunnies and sunsets.

Whatever. I've found a workaround for this long; actually, EOS Utility and DPP are not that bad, once you're forced to use them day in and day out.

But it's just one more reason to abandon anything related to Phase One. If I was filling out a virtual Customer Response card, under the "How do we communicate with customers?", please mark the box "WORST" for me, please.

Good riddance, Phase One.

amsp

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 10:13:26 am »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix/Phase One
Yes, I have confirmed Leopard is a requirement.
Steve, that's extremely disappointing. Why in god's name would 4.1 work on tiger but not 4.5? And why is this the first time you guys mention this?

jmvdigital

• http://www.jmvdigital.com
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 10:23:50 am »

Agreed. Moving to 10.5 isn't really that big of a deal. Is it the cost? The time? It's a $130, and maybe one afternoon. Many of the initial Leopard bugs have been worked out; I mean jeez we're on the 5th point release update of it. Maybe it's just the fact that you don't feel like you should HAVE to upgrade. Which is ridiculous. We live in a world where software updates are a necessary fact of life to get new gear working and get old gear working better. No one moans about having to upgrade ACR to get the latest camera support. Like Steve said, 10.5 has been out for over a year. Get with it. The upgrade is an eventuality for you anyway. Are you NEVER going to move past 10.4? Blame Phase if you like. Stomp your feet and curse their existence. Then go upgrade your stuff and get back to work with reality.
--
Justin VanAlstyne [url=http://www.jmv

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 11:18:08 am »

Switching platforms for a moment... are you serious about XP SP3?  A fully updated SP2 won't fly?  There are still a lot of recommendations floating around to avoid SP3 unless absolutely necessary.

Nill

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 11:21:59 am »

Quote from: jmvdigital
Agreed. Moving to 10.5 isn't really that big of a deal. Is it the cost? The time? It's a $130, and maybe one afternoon. Many of the initial Leopard bugs have been worked out; I mean jeez we're on the 5th point release update of it. Maybe it's just the fact that you don't feel like you should HAVE to upgrade. Which is ridiculous. We live in a world where software updates are a necessary fact of life to get new gear working and get old gear working better. No one moans about having to upgrade ACR to get the latest camera support. Like Steve said, 10.5 has been out for over a year. Get with it. The upgrade is an eventuality for you anyway. Are you NEVER going to move past 10.4? Blame Phase if you like. Stomp your feet and curse their existence. Then go upgrade your stuff and get back to work with reality.

I believe the greatest outburst stems from the fact that Phase One seems aloof and bumbling at best.  Forewarning their dealers, let alone customers, seems a "no-brainer".  It is sadly reassuring to confirm that Phase One US, their dealers and their customers are all at the same priority level ...  generally left clueless concerning their products. I am certainly not the only user to find irony with the fact that the first release of their product is version 4.5.
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

jmvdigital

• http://www.jmvdigital.com
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 11:25:42 am »

Quote from: Mark_Tuttle
I believe the greatest outburst stems from the fact that Phase One seems aloof and bumbling at best.  Forewarning their dealers, let alone customers, seems a "no-brainer".  It is sadly reassuring to confirm that Phase One US, their dealers and their customers are all at the same priority level ...  generally left clueless concerning their products. I am certainly not the only user to find irony with the fact that the first release of their product is version 4.5.

This may be so. My experience with Phase is very short indeed. I would agree that it seems rather unprofessional to not warn dealers and customers that their much awaited update would require significant upgrades in the OS for some users.

As for SP2 and SP3 with Windows, my comments were in regards to Mac OS X Leopard only. EDIT: Nill, I just realized your post wasn't directed at mine.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:26:30 am by jmvdigital »
--
Justin VanAlstyne [url=http://www.jmv

bcooter

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 11:32:26 am »

Quote from: jmvdigital

It's not that we won't or can't change our OS.  We all know we have to eventually, but for most of us that are busy, it's not a just put in a new OS in one computer and then load the software.

Everything has to be tested before you put money on the line, which delays updating your system, which delays even testing V4 and getting familiar with it, much less using it for real.

You just never know what will happen.  I recently had to update my Iphone because of damage to the original and Apple products are usually stable but this was a bloody nightmare and for the moment a complete step back rather than forward, so before I change anything in a working computer we're going to need time to test it.

I don't think Phase intentionally tries to anger their users, but they obviously don't communicate well.  Why not Phase or the dealers list that it requires 10.5 so the customer can get that part of the equation up and running?  Obviously the dealers knew it was a 10.5 only piece of software since they all have been running betas for some time now.

It's like that little  spring loaded firewire door.  It's not a bad idea and probably a good idea, but for years people have been begging Phase for a bigger and better lcd and on their flagship camera what do they change on the back end, a firewire door cover.  

I just don't get it and quite honestly wouldn't even mention the back of a $41,000 digital piece of equipment if the only change is that minor.

Big Cooter

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 01:18:19 pm »

I don't think Phase intentionally tries to anger their users, but they obviously don't communicate well.  Why not Phase or the dealers list that it requires 10.5 so the customer can get that part of the equation up and running?  Obviously the dealers knew it was a 10.5 only piece of software since they all have been running betas for some time now.

Big Cooter

Sorry to say, Big Cooter, that as a dealer we were not aware until this past Monday (Oct. 13, 2008)  that it was a 10.5 piece of software.  Until Monday we were running 4.1.1 just like everyone else.

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National  Atlanta / Miami
404-234-5195 | Cell  

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »

Here you go. Downloading now myself

http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 01:47:30 pm »

Downloading Windows version now for testing on the laptop...
let's hope everything works fine

tom

edit:

from the release notes:

For Windows versions:

"(PRO/DB) Live Preview for Phase One P+ digital backs is not supported."

very funny, don't have a P+ back yet, but others do. Well, let's hope the'll fix this soon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:54:01 pm by tom_l »

mturner

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 01:52:08 pm »

regarding the posted list of supported cameras for tethered operation...

Is there really no support for the original 1Ds?
A lot of people (including myself) use and depend on this camera.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 02:02:28 pm »

If anybody feels like trying it on XP SP2, I would be grateful for a report.

Nill

gwhitf

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:41 pm »

Quote from: John Schweikert
You know gwhitf sounds a lot like a Tucker 'mini-me' after reading many of his posts. The level of experience is needed in the forum.

I hadn't heard of him. I found his site; he's kind of a hack. I like his film pictures better than his Phase One pictures -- the Phase images don't communicate to me very well. I'm sure he's a nice guy though.

But I sure agree with him on his position in that Greenberg mess:

http://tinyurl.com/5w49tz
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:19:04 pm by gwhitf »

Snook

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 03:42:57 pm »

Quote from: gwhitf
I hadn't heard of him. I found his site; he's kind of a hack. I like his film pictures better than his Phase One pictures -- the Phase images don't communicate to me very well. I'm sure he's a nice guy though.

But I sure agree with him on his position in that Greenberg mess:

http://tinyurl.com/5w49tz

Anybody notice that it still says (Hot Folder) under camera??
What does this mean?
At home at the moment and could not try anything tethered...:+{
But just opening 4.5 I noticed it has Hot folder enabled still??? Also it does not say Pro anywhere in the info or Program?
Is this true or did I install wrong over my older 4.1.2??
Thanks for any information..

Snook

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up