Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sample Pictures from Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm  (Read 13134 times)

j.miller

Sample Pictures from Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm
« on: October 13, 2008, 11:14:37 pm »

Late last week ALPA of Switzerland announced the availability of several sample images shot with the new Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm lens. These preliminary images show the tremendous angle of coverage (112˚) and impresive resolution performance. According the specs published with the images, all of sample images were taken using this new Rodenstock lens on the ALPA 12 MAX, using a Leaf Aptus 75 back. Exact lens settings and other pertinent details are also published with the files.

Here is links the ALPA's sample images page:

Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm sample images news page

Direct links to ALPA's sample images: (files are approx 12MB)

HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm Sample 1
HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm Sample 2
HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm Sample 3
HR Digaron-S 5.6/23mm Sample 4

Finally, according to ALPA... "the all new Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23 mm is the widest lens for digital use. Released at Photokina 2008 this landmark lens will become available end of 2008 in a small number (full availability expected for early 2009)."

Regards,

Jordan Miller
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:00:20 am by JEM_DTG »

Nick-T

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:26:59 pm »

Quote from: JEM_DTG
Finally, according to ALPA... "the all new Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 5.6/23 mm is the widest lens for digital use. Released at Photokina 2008 this landmark lens will become available end of 2008 in a small number (full availability expected for early 2009)."

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG

Go on post the price
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:12 am »

CHF           EUR           USD
Professional price   8'171.00   5'300.34   7'229.13
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:21:03 am by rethmeier »
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 07:36:13 am »

Very nice!

tashley

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »

Quote from: foto-z
Very nice!
I'm not so sure: at that price I would expect the bottom corners to be immaculate (which in sample two they are not) and I'm not sure why they've used enough USM to kill an elephant...

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 05:26:39 pm »

It's awesome they can make a view cam lens this wide, but the pricing on some of these lenses is just becoming absurd.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 07:02:22 pm »

Quote from: tashley
I'm not so sure: at that price I would expect the bottom corners to be immaculate (which in sample two they are not) and I'm not sure why they've used enough USM to kill an elephant...

A slight out-of-focus issue on one sample isn't enough reason to dismiss a lens. Sample 3's corners look great to me.

michaelnotar

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 10:56:36 pm »

wow i cant believe how much having that extra 1mm will help we do my jobs. it was so important for me to capture an extra 4% more of the scene.

marketing...

why not a 20mm lens, something that would be significantly different, not just arguing points for widest lens available.

how many of you have a 24mm and say that you must have this lens...?

now i am an equipment junkie, but i am annoyed at the MP race or things like it.

michaelnotar

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:49 pm »

oh, movements are always good. but i feel lucky to have a 24mm available even w/o movements.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21:16 pm »

Michael,

I don't think that it's only about having the shortest lens, resp. a marketing issue: Rodenstock HR lenses are famous for being sharp at full open aperture already, till the corners, in opposition to the Schneider equivalent lenses which need to be stopped down at least 2 stops.

This extra 2 stops make IMO a big difference in many situations.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: michaelnotar
wow i cant believe how much having that extra 1mm will help we do my jobs. it was so important for me to capture an extra 4% more of the scene.

marketing...

why not a 20mm lens, something that would be significantly different, not just arguing points for widest lens available.

now i am an equipment junkie, but i am annoyed at the MP race or things like it.
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

michaelnotar

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 11:26:47 pm »

ah, im only a MF shooter for 2 years and i am blown away by the digitar lenses. the HR look nice, but justifiably worth it. and i dont have a 39mp+ back.  infact i am in a town where an 6MP three year old rebel is sufficient

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:33:47 pm »

The Schneider Digitar are of course very good lenses, no doubt about it. For some these extra 2 stops more light available make a difference, especially also when there is need of shooting white shadings, where 2 + 2 stops adds and can result in very long exposures for these shadings, with all the consequences.

Thierry

Quote from: michaelnotar
ah, im only a MF shooter for 2 years and i am blown away by the digitar lenses. the HR look nice, but justifiably worth it. and i dont have a 39mp+ back.  infact i am in a town where an 6MP three year old rebel is sufficient
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

adammork

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »

[quote name='michaelnotar' date='Jan 25 2009, 04:56 AM' post='254341']

I did!

I had the 24mm, I now have the 23mm..... not because of the extra 1mm - but you can shift enough to make a real difference - make a stitch with 4 images with this lens and you cover a lot of space!

most importen it's as bright on the ground glass as a 35mm Digitar without centerfilter - that makes a huge different compared to the 24mm - and yes it's very sharp - very!! the whole image circle.

The only drawback, besides the price, is the distortion, more than the 24mm, but PTLens is your friend.

/adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up