Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B9180 and Mac Print Dialogue Exclamation Point  (Read 5829 times)

E Slagle

B9180 and Mac Print Dialogue Exclamation Point
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:10:36 pm »

This is my second B9180 that has all of the sudden stopped communicating with my computer (Mac 10.4.11). This time though it occurred 75% through an A3 print; my only option was to power off the printer which meant a wasted print.

Connected via USB; when printing the dialogue box (Lightroom 2.1) shows an exclamation point next to the selected printer. If my memory serves me correctly the computer is no longer recognizing the printer but the printer is functional (will print test page). Why? When this happened before HP ended up replacing the printer after a total reinstall of the software did not solve the issue. New printer worked fine...for six bloody weeks. Man, am I getting sick of this printer!

Any suggestions (other than getting a new printer)?

Thanks, Eric

colinm

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:04:19 pm »

Have another USB cable you can try?
Colin

E Slagle

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:56:01 pm »

Quote from: colinm
Have another USB cable you can try?

Different (shorter) cable of no help. Any other suggestions? Eric

PerErik

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:28:49 pm »

Eric!

Maybe you have the same fault with your printer as I have with my two year old HP Photosmart B9180 printer, conected to a Power Mac G5.

It all started when I was printing from Lightroom 1.3.1, the paper was ejected when the printer still was  printing. I tried to print from Photoshop CS3, but the same thing happen there.

So I tried with some other pictures with had print fine some days before. Landscape pictures did print ok, but when I tried with portrait I got a message in the printers control panel saying that size of the picture didn’t fit on the paper and the printer refused to print.
And now I don’t even get that message, the printer lockup with the error code 00C78475 - for which I cant find any explanation.

The system console log says: Adobe Photoshop CS3[346] InkChecker could not launch, launch path not accessible.

It is possible to print from other applications than Adobes, the preview application prints fine.
And its no differents between USB and Eterneth connections.

The only thing I can imaging that can cause all this, are the upgrade of the OS to the last version 10.4.11 I made last Friday. I think - but is not 100% sure that all this has happened after that point.

Not shure what to do from now.

jacland

• Jacek Łuc Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 11:30:04 am »

Quote from: PerErik
Eric!

Maybe you have the same fault with your printer as I have with my two year old HP Photosmart B9180 printer, conected to a Power Mac G5.

It all started when I was printing from Lightroom 1.3.1, the paper was ejected when the printer still was  printing. I tried to print from Photoshop CS3, but the same thing happen there.

So I tried with some other pictures with had print fine some days before. Landscape pictures did print ok, but when I tried with portrait I got a message in the printers control panel saying that size of the picture didn’t fit on the paper and the printer refused to print.
And now I don’t even get that message, the printer lockup with the error code 00C78475 - for which I cant find any explanation.

The system console log says: Adobe Photoshop CS3[346] InkChecker could not launch, launch path not accessible.

It is possible to print from other applications than Adobes, the preview application prints fine.
And its no differents between USB and Eterneth connections.

The only thing I can imaging that can cause all this, are the upgrade of the OS to the last version 10.4.11 I made last Friday. I think - but is not 100% sure that all this has happened after that point.

Not shure what to do from now.

Hi,
try to install firmware upgrade via PC not Mac, in my case it works
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 11:30:40 am by jacland »
Pages: [1]   Go Up