Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 - just a side question  (Read 1657 times)

Vlad3

• http://www.kabelik.com
Z3100 - just a side question
« on: October 13, 2008, 01:17:32 pm »

Just a side question;

In early October I posted a thread entitled: Z3100 – new SW – Unstable HP Printer Utility. In short, I was trying to share my frustration with the new TR12-TR0700-3 firmware running on my MacBookPro (2GHz Intel Core Duo) with OS version 10.4.11 and 2GB of RAM.

Although I received only a limited response from the group, I partially resolved the issue by using the shortest possible USB connection instead of my previous 25ft Ethernet cable. The main thing is that I’m now able to print and maintain all custom papers.

Still, what REALLY bothers me, is the slowness of HP Print Preview. The rainbow spinning wheel so annoying in HP Printer Utility is almost killing me in HP Print Preview.

So, my side question is: IS IT NORMAL? (Or is it only a continuation of my previous issue suggesting the firmware, printer connection or other conflicts)? The HP support people, although very nice, never really answered my question. BTW they even suggested that I download and install the Z3200 firmware for my Z3100 printer (I did download but never had the guts to install it).

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Vlad3

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:47:55 pm »

Quote from: Vlad3
Just a side question;

In early October I posted a thread entitled: Z3100 – new SW – Unstable HP Printer Utility. In short, I was trying to share my frustration with the new TR12-TR0700-3 firmware running on my MacBookPro (2GHz Intel Core Duo) with OS version 10.4.11 and 2GB of RAM.

Although I received only a limited response from the group, I partially resolved the issue by using the shortest possible USB connection instead of my previous 25ft Ethernet cable. The main thing is that I’m now able to print and maintain all custom papers.

Still, what REALLY bothers me, is the slowness of HP Print Preview. The rainbow spinning wheel so annoying in HP Printer Utility is almost killing me in HP Print Preview.

So, my side question is: IS IT NORMAL? (Or is it only a continuation of my previous issue suggesting the firmware, printer connection or other conflicts)? The HP support people, although very nice, never really answered my question. BTW they even suggested that I download and install the Z3200 firmware for my Z3100 printer (I did download but never had the guts to install it).

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Vlad3

I suspect it's normal. The HP print preview window comes up only after the entire file has spooled to the printer and is ready to print. I find the preview window useful for confirming that the orientation and page layout are correct so I don't waste a sheet of paper, but obviously not for proofing. Once you hit "print" in HP's preview window, the printer starts working almost immediately.

Vlad3

• http://www.kabelik.com
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:14:45 pm »

Quote from: Geoff Wittig
I suspect it's normal. The HP print preview window comes up only after the entire file has spooled to the printer and is ready to print. I find the preview window useful for confirming that the orientation and page layout are correct so I don't waste a sheet of paper, but obviously not for proofing. Once you hit "print" in HP's preview window, the printer starts working almost immediately.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your speedy reply! I agree with you that HP Print Preview is a good tool - just sooo slow. Well, I have to learn how to live with it. Feedback from this group is very useful - so I don't have to rely only on HP tech support.

Best regards,

Vlad3
Pages: [1]   Go Up