Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: David Grover / Hasselblad A/s  (Read 24539 times)

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5821
    • M&M's Musings
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »

Hi David:  One more voice to say welcome to the list!  I think having manufacturers' reps here is a great thing!

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings

Steve Hendrix

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1317
    • http://www.captureintegration.com/
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Hi David:  One more voice to say welcome to the list!  I think having manufacturers' reps here is a great thing!

Mike.

David:

Welcome to LL. As former participants at Rob Galbreath's forum can attest, Michael runs a pretty open house here and allowing input from multiple sources is a positive development.

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Logged
Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 404.543.8475

Steve Hendrix

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1317
    • http://www.captureintegration.com/
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »

Quote from: jecxz
The mirror slap on the H3DII is nearly silent.


Hmmmm.

I would have to say this is a relative description as hearing ability certainly varies from individual to individual.  

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Logged
Steve Hendrix
Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 404.543.8475

jecxz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 377
    • http://www.jecxz.com
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix/Phase One
Hmmmm.

I would have to say this is a relative description as hearing ability certainly varies from individual to individual.  

Steve Hendrix
Phase One
Hence the use of the word "nearly" and when one posts something others should consider that it is from the author's perspective. We both would agree it is MUCH quieter than the H2 or H1.

Good to have you back Steve! Be well.

Kind regards,
Derek

gwhitf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 847
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »

Quote from: jecxz
The mirror slap on the H3DII is nearly silent.

My question is more about the experiential nature of the new shutter delay; not the audio sound that it makes. I'm not sure I can visualize the number quoted here. Surely it's not anything like the delay on a bad point-and-shoot, where you can clearly feel a delay between when you press the shutter release and when the shutter actually fires?

I've never understood this shutter delay solution -- to me, it's not about delaying the shutter, it would seem to be somehow REDUCING the physical shake.

I can remember testing my old H1 with Phase back, and even on the tripod, (a damn good tripod), I was seeing soft vibration images even at 1/60th and 1/125th, when shooting portaits with available light. You could clearly see the double-image, motion-image in the eyelashes. To me, that camera was destined to be either mirror-lockup, or a strobe-only camera.

When I would shoot with it, even on my large tripod with giant RRS head, you could feel the camera "lunge" in your hand when you shot it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:01:31 PM by gwhitf »
Logged

Sean Reginald Knight

  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 66
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »

Hej David,

Hur ar du?

A word to wise: stick strictly with answering technical questions  

Please let the powers-that-be at Hasselblad know that it would be absolutely gob-smackingly great to see the next iteration of the H3 in BLACK or CHARCOAL GRAY or any shade of black that is better looking than the current naff silver.

I have this nagging existential conundrum about the H3D: do you consider it  a "completely closed" or an "integrated" system?  

Seriously, it is good to see Hasselblad's presence.  I hope that you will set the tenor by which others will follow like how not to over-promise and then under-deliver.

Good luck, Dave.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:40:21 PM by Sean Reginald Knight »
Logged

Nick-T

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 462
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »

Quote from: gwhitf
My question is more about the experiential nature of the new shutter delay; not the audio sound that it makes. I'm not sure I can visualize the number quoted here. Surely it's not anything like the delay on a bad point-and-shoot, where you can clearly feel a delay between when you press the shutter release and when the shutter actually fires?

I've never understood this shutter delay solution -- to me, it's not about delaying the shutter, it would seem to be somehow REDUCING the physical shake.

I can remember testing my old H1 with Phase back, and even on the tripod, (a damn good tripod), I was seeing soft vibration images even at 1/60th and 1/125th, when shooting portaits with available light. You could clearly see the double-image, motion-image in the eyelashes. To me, that camera was destined to be either mirror-lockup, or a strobe-only camera.

When I would shoot with it, even on my large tripod with giant RRS head, you could feel the camera "lunge" in your hand when you shot it.

Dear Mr gwthitf
The Nick-T patented mirror delay does actually do wonders in reducing vibration from the mirror, at 50ms the effect is quite pronounced. I can only suggest you get your hands on one and try it out.

Nick-T

Nick-T

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 462
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »

Oh and welcome Mr Grover (wasn't there a MUPPET called Grover?).
Great to see Hasselblad here, it will make it easier when people insist on telling me that the HTS simply cannot focus at infinity and so on.

Nick-T

gwhitf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 847
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »

Quote from: Nick-T
Dear Mr gwthitf
The Nick-T patented mirror delay does actually do wonders in reducing vibration from the mirror, at 50ms the effect is quite pronounced. I can only suggest you get your hands on one and try it out.

That Mitchell guy equated having these company reps coming here to the School Principal.

I would equate it more like when your (ex)wife goes out on a drinking binge, and she's comes home after about four days (and nights), and all that pent-up anger and frustration gets a physical entity for it to be pointed at.

1. Where you been?
2. Who with?
3. What's the deal with the WIFI?
4. What's the deal with the mirror flopping around like a largemouth bass?
5. Why you only answering selective questions?

Still, I guess, in the end, it's better to have them (her) in the house, than out on the town, ruining their reputation even more than the current state.
Logged

Toto

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 04:36:20 PM »

Welcome to you and welcome to me also (I'm new here)  

My question : when Phocus for Windows will be released ?

Thanks

Jérôme
Logged

David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1223
    • Phase One
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »

Quote from: Sean Reginald Knight
Hej David,

Hur ar du?

A word to wise: stick strictly with answering technical questions  

Please let the powers-that-be at Hasselblad know that it would be absolutely gob-smackingly great to see the next iteration of the H3 in BLACK or CHARCOAL GRAY or any shade of black that is better looking than the current naff silver.

I have this nagging existential conundrum about the H3D: do you consider it  a "completely closed" or an "integrated" system?  

Seriously, it is good to see Hasselblad's presence.  I hope that you will set the tenor by which others will follow like how not to over-promise and then under-deliver.

Good luck, Dave.

Hej Sean,

Very well thankyou!

I will certainly try and stay on the technical side.  Thanks for the tip.  

The colour is not something we hear much about anymore.  Maybe I should start a poll... second thoughts - maybe I won't!

I consider the H3D to be an integrated system, delivering benefits that would be extremely hard to achieve from a multitude of suppliers.  I don't ask you to agree with me, instead I would suggest you handle an H3D in conjunction with Phocus and draw your own conclusions....  I also realise your comment was a little tongue in cheek.    

Last point noted and many thanks.

David

Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1223
    • Phase One
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

Quote from: Toto
Welcome to you and welcome to me also (I'm new here)  

My question : when Phocus for Windows will be released ?

Thanks

Jérôme

Hi Jérôme and welcome to you too,

We released a beta version of Phocus (for Windows) to our dealers five days ago.  This will enable them to test it further (than our normal band of alpha and beta testers) and report their findings.  Based on these results will have an effect on the actual release date.  There are so may incarnations of Windows platforms it is a little harder to predict compared to the Apple platform.

Phocus 1.1 for Mac should be out very shortly.

Best,


David
Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1223
    • Phase One
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »

Quote from: Nick-T
Oh and welcome Mr Grover (wasn't there a MUPPET called Grover?).
Great to see Hasselblad here, it will make it easier when people insist on telling me that the HTS simply cannot focus at infinity and so on.

Nick-T

Thanks Nick.  I think you saw for yourself that the HTS does indeed focus on infinity.

As for muppets - I wouldn't know.  
Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

BrianSmith

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
    • Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
The Fuji GX645 (A black Japan only version of the H1) was also made by Hasselblad and shipped to Japan.

Since Hasselblad is able to make a H that looks cool, why the hell do you only ship those just to Fuji.

It's like letting you maid drive your Ferrari while you drive the minivan.

Black looks cool.

Gray looks like the remote for my TV.

Can you please ask Christian to make better use of his black plastic?

BrianSmith

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
    • Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
As for muppets - I wouldn't know.  


You gotta admit, there is QUITE a resemblance...



David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1223
    • Phase One
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »

Quote from: BrianSmith
Since Hasselblad is able to make a H that looks cool, why the hell do you only ship those just to Fuji.

It's like letting you maid drive your Ferrari while you drive the minivan.

Black looks cool.

Gray looks like the remote for my TV.

Can you please ask Christian to make better use of his black plastic?

Powder coated steel, please!

I promise to pass on the request.
Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1223
    • Phase One
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »

Quote from: BrianSmith
You gotta admit, there is QUITE a resemblance...

Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

BrianSmith

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
    • Celebrity Portrait Photographer Brian Smith
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 06:19:05 PM »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Powder coated steel, please!

I promise to pass on the request.

Powder coated steel would be awesome!

However my H is plastico - or at least the part on the grip that broke is...

You'll win a lot of friends around here the day you announce:

"Black is Back"

MarkKay

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 587
    • http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
David Grover / Hasselblad A/s
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 01:12:58 AM »


David.. I am glad you are here too....

Quote from: BrianSmith
Powder coated steel would be awesome!

However my H is plastico - or at least the part on the grip that broke is...

You'll win a lot of friends around here the day you announce:

"Black is Back"
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up