Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital back on 6x7 and 4x5 ?  (Read 2179 times)

evgeny

Digital back on 6x7 and 4x5 ?
« on: October 10, 2008, 12:05:56 pm »

Hi.

1. From my experience a 6x4.5 film (contax) scanned with Nikon 9000 is equal a 22 mega pixels back. Is there any reason to use a 22 mega pixels digital back on a Mamia RZ67 IID? Why a digital sensor will outperform a larger 6x7 film?

2. I have a Sinarback 54M attached via adapter to my Contax 645.
How to use a moveable Contax 645 Back (Widepan made in china) attached to Sinar P2 4x5 camera? I'm completely new to moveable backs, are they worth the money? Is this for still life subjects or whatever else?
Should I better buy a 4/16 back, like a Sinarback 54H?

Thank

wells

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:55:55 pm »

I use my aptus 17 on my RZ because I had the RZ and lenses way before Leaf had Aptus. Sure it's a bit of a size mismatch, but the glass is good, the camera is solid, the viewfinder is large, bright and easy to focus, the back rotates so I don't need to flip it sideways to go vert, and I'm used to it. Also, try e-mailing JPEGs of your 6x7 film from the shoot...or tweaking the color temp for that matter... gone are the nights spent worrying whether or not i got the shot, or whether the lab is going to drop a roll on the floor and step on it (it has happened). Oh, yeah, and when I do decide to shoot film, the 6x7 format kicks ass. I still keep a back and a couple rolls in my kit just because...

evgeny

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:14:01 pm »

I see!
Pages: [1]   Go Up