Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 print menu change  (Read 1125 times)

Dave Dunham

Z3100 print menu change
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:06 am »

I few month ago I started a remodeling project that left my HP Z3100 inactive.  Plugged in and turn on, but no printing.
Last week I was ready to get back in action and fired up the Z3100.  When I tried to load paper, either roll or sheet, the printer would not load the paper.  After spending more than an hour and half on the phone with a tech in Spain it was determined that the paper sensor was shot.
A tech was sent to my printer and he replaced the sensor at a cost of $1,200.  The printer know recognizes paper and will print, however while it was not being used the print menu changed somehow and I can no longer turn off color management in Photoshop CS3 or Lightroom 2 while printing with the Z3100.  No problem with Epson 2400.  That menu remains the same.
Epson 2400 menu: Layout, Scheduler,Paper Handling, Color Sync, Cover Page, Printer Setting, Color Management, Ink Config, Extention Setting, Summary.
Z3100 menu now: Layout, Scheduler,Paper Handling, Color Sync, Cover Page,Paper Type/Quality, Service, Accounting, Print Driver Info, Summary
Prints are obviously being managed by more than one setting.  Seen that problem before.  I’ve looked in every corner that I can find trying to print with NO COLOR MANAGEMENT, but can’t find place that will allow me to do so.
Here’s my setup:  MacPro running Tiger 10.4.  Z3100 firmware 5.02.

Help.....please
Pages: [1]   Go Up