Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Recovery  (Read 3861 times)

Josh l.

Capture One Recovery
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »

I was shooting today and the person who was handling all my files for me had them all selected and tried to delete one of them and deleted all of them using the Delete immediately option rather then just the normal delete. Is there any way I can recover them?

Thanks

Steve Gordon

Capture One Recovery
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:56:09 pm »

Quote from: Josh l.
I was shooting today and the person who was handling all my files for me had them all selected and tried to delete one of them and deleted all of them using the Delete immediately option rather then just the normal delete. Is there any way I can recover them?

Thanks

Depends on which version you have.

3.7 has a trash can which opens a window of trashed files.

Otherwise look in the computer's trash can and pull them out.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Capture One Recovery
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:32:38 am »

Quote from: Josh l.
The "Delete Immediately" option removes the file address from the hard drive directory. The files are still there (unless there's been hard drive activity), but the address pointer on the drive directory has been removed. If the hard drive has not been used, a data recovery service can get those files for you, for a fee.

I know it's too late, but running a backup drive with simple backup software during a shoot will help prevent your situation.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up