Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making new LR camera profile default  (Read 2234 times)

picnic

making new LR camera profile default
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »

I've searched in this forum and found nothing though I was fairly sure I've read 'how' somewhere.  Other than setting the default profile to a preset, etc. (I'm reading Evening's book as I write this), is there another way to just have the Canon 5D neutral profile, for instance, set as my default camera profile for all shots with that particular camera.

I've looked elsewhere and the solution that was given doesn't appear to work for me.  On a PC/Win XP Pro--to change the preference for presets to default for specific camera serial number.  Then--choose an image, choose the profile, hit 'alt' for dialog and choose update to current settings.  It doesn't work for me---I tried using this, closing and reopening--to no avail.

Diane
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:30:36 pm by picnic »

francois

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:04:20 pm »

Quote from: picnic
I've searched in this forum and found nothing though I was fairly sure I've read 'how' somewhere.  Other than setting the default profile to a preset, etc. (I'm reading Evening's book as I write this), is there another way to just have the Canon 5D neutral profile, for instance, set as my default camera profile for all shots with that particular camera.

Diane
You only need to set a new Default setting. Read Ian Lyons's article: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera...ra-defaults.htm
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:04:59 pm by francois »
Francois

madmanchan

• Web
Eric Chan

picnic

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:36:11 pm »

Quote from: francois
You only need to set a new Default setting. Read Ian Lyons's article: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera...ra-defaults.htm

Ah, what I was missing was hitting the reset button for the current files.  Thanks.  So--I'm assuming that from this point that any uploaded files will automatically open with the neutral profile.  I also made presets for all the profiles so I can easily change them plus see the change in the navigator window without opening the calibration panel.  

diane
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:49:40 pm by picnic »

francois

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:28:32 pm »

Quote from: picnic
Ah, what I was missing was hitting the reset button for the current files.  Thanks.  So--I'm assuming that from this point that any uploaded files will automatically open with the neutral profile.  I also made presets for all the profiles so I can easily change them plus see the change in the navigator window without opening the calibration panel.  

diane
Diane,
Yes, this is correct. Every newly imported file will have your new default setting (neutral profile). Using presets to change camera profiles is the easiest & quickest way.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up