Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3,Mac 10.5.5, Epson 3800 (v6.11) Printing Problems  (Read 2027 times)

Ralph Eisenberg

CS3,Mac 10.5.5, Epson 3800 (v6.11) Printing Problems
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:44:02 am »

Since recently migrating to MacIntel running an obligatory 10.5.5 , I've been encountering problems printing to my Epson 3800 of 2 kinds that had previously not arisen on PPC based Macs using 10.4+: 1) When switching media that requires a change of black ink (photo black to matte or vice versa) there does not seem to be a straightforward way to go about this without encountering glitches (previously this had been handled smoothly by the driver); 2) The driver indicates randomly that my paper feed parameters are incorrect for a given job, when in fact this is not the case, and this makes printing needlessly irksome and inefficient. This is a marvelous printer that I've been using for the past 15 months so I'd appreciate any suggestions that would allow me to remedy these problems. I should specify that the driver version listed in my thread title (v6.11) is intended for 10.5.5. I had previously re-set my printer settings, deleted the printer via the Print-Fax Preference pane, downloaded yet again the driver (although this is the version that I already had, for some reason in Europe it was released a bit earlier than in the States) repaired permissions, re-installed the driver, repaired permissions and .... no change.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:44:31 am by Ralph Eisenberg »
Ralph

duraace

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 03:15:16 pm »

Quote from: Ralph Eisenberg
Since recently migrating to MacIntel running an obligatory 10.5.5 , I've been encountering problems printing to my Epson 3800 of 2 kinds that had previously not arisen on PPC based Macs using 10.4+: 1) When switching media that requires a change of black ink (photo black to matte or vice versa) there does not seem to be a straightforward way to go about this without encountering glitches (previously this had been handled smoothly by the driver); 2) The driver indicates randomly that my paper feed parameters are incorrect for a given job, when in fact this is not the case, and this makes printing needlessly irksome and inefficient. This is a marvelous printer that I've been using for the past 15 months so I'd appreciate any suggestions that would allow me to remedy these problems. I should specify that the driver version listed in my thread title (v6.11) is intended for 10.5.5. I had previously re-set my printer settings, deleted the printer via the Print-Fax Preference pane, downloaded yet again the driver (although this is the version that I already had, for some reason in Europe it was released a bit earlier than in the States) repaired permissions, re-installed the driver, repaired permissions and .... no change.

Hmmm ... I recently installed the 6.11 driver over the beta 6.x driver and have switched between matt and color with no problems.  Using 10.5.5, so no suggestions at this point.  It switched back to color and printed fine too.  I rarely use matt, so won't get to see this problem probably.

francois

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:10:16 am »

Quote from: Ralph Eisenberg
Have you tried to reset the printing system? In some cases it can help. You could also try to run FixaMac (http://www.fixamac.net)  Print Therapy. The demo is fully functionnal for 7 days.
Francois

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:08 am »

After getting some great help from Epson Support, USA, it turned out to be a problem with localization files and using the same language localization throughout the printing process (at least when this involves CS3). A serendipitous discovery.

Thanks for your responses.
Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up