Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP HP voiding my exentend warranty!! Z3100  (Read 6723 times)

chris anderson

HELP HP voiding my exentend warranty!! Z3100
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 10:34:54 am »

Quote from: neil snape
I suppose it is possible if there were some heavy lifting on one side causing a stress on the chassis.

Yet you have to know when HP move their printers from show to show, they simply roll them out to a lift gate truck and off they go. I haven't seen anything happen to them in this transport condition yet.

When I shipped out the 44" I put it back in the box the way it came and there were no problems with it in any way. That was even with the heads left in, cartridges too, and the box had to be turned heads up to fit in the elevator and through the door.

I had done this with at least 3 others and never had a problem. This is not saying that it couldn't happen though.
After the number of times I've seen the Z series abused on different shows, I really am surprised if it could happen though.
Might it be rather just a PROM battery gone dead?

Frame is NOT bent. A diffrent tech is now handling it, and says he will having it going today..... fingers crossed

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HELP HP voiding my exentend warranty!! Z3100
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 12:13:29 pm »

Quote from: chris anderson
Frame is NOT bent. A diffrent tech is now handling it, and says he will having it going today..... fingers crossed
Great, I didn't think it would be.

I have my ideas as to what it could be, but the technician knows best, and will test it . Normally they plug in a terminal port connected PC and they can tell you anything.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up