Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP HP voiding my exentend warranty!! Z3100  (Read 6726 times)

chris anderson

HELP HP voiding my exentend warranty!! Z3100
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:30:10 pm »

Don't know if anyone on this board has any connections, but HP is voiding my extended warranty simply because I moved my Z3100 from one location to another!!!!!  This is no joke!!!   We moved it, it kept saying to replace print heads and we did, still not working, so I called HP support. They sent out a tech, he asked if it had been moved, said yes, his boss jennifer.nelson@hp.com said the warranty is voided dont touch it, close the case!!!!!

HELP!!!

Chris
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:34:17 pm by chris anderson »

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:33:45 pm »

Quote from: chris anderson
Don't know if anyone on this board has any connections, but HP is voiding my extended warranty simply because I moved my Z3100 from one location to another!!!!!  This is no joke!!!

HELP!!!
 Chris

The only person I know you can contact is Ben Wolf (HP).  His contact info is on the Z wiki.
Regards,
Ron

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:44:55 pm »

When you say you "moved it" do you mean you rolled it across the room, or do you mean you moved it geographically, as in, you had to disassemble, pack it up, put it on a truck, etc.

We have had questions from people who were packing up and shipping their z3100's. If this voids the warranty, this could be useful info. for those individuals.

chris anderson

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:47:56 pm »

moved via our own truck, from texas to minnesota...... I have the area rep involved and my dealer, i will update if some this changes. The tech told me if you move it from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor of say a large office building, and you dont have "offical" hp people move it, its voided!!!  WTF!!!!!

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:13:39 pm »

Yes, I'm one of "those people" about to move my Z3100 and am extremely interested in this topic, as I just bought an extended warranty myself.  Have you found any specific language in writing from HP that spell this clause out?
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

chris anderson

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 01:35:20 pm »

i cant find anything stating it, I am fighting it now

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

i cant find anything stating it, I am fighting it now
I specifically asked HP by phone about whether my warranty would work when I move to Hawaii and was told that it would.  I certainly don''t have it in writing though, and wouldn't be surprised if they now say that the person who told me that was wrong.  Please keep us posted with your struggles, Chris, and best of luck
-Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

chris anderson

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 02:17:59 pm »

i called HP two times, and they said it was no problem, just update the location at your conveinece.... Guess it was a problem!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:25:41 pm by chris anderson »

chris anderson

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:31:59 pm »

just got this from Ben Wolf:

Chris-

You have been terribly misinformed-there is no stipulation in the warranty or care pack that would not allow you to move the printer from room to room or even from house to house.  I have contacted the service manager to escalate this for resolution; please let me know if you do not hear anything back within the next 24-248 hours.

I'm sorry you were incorrectly advised by our technician-we will get to the bottom of it.

Can you tell me which dealer you purchased the printer from?

Regards,

Ben Wolf

Guess we shall see
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:10:00 pm by chris anderson »

Roscolo

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:14 pm »

Hope it works out. Looks like it will. My experience has been that HP has really good tech support. Where they drop the ball is getting the customer connected with the proper dept. / person to deal with the appropriate product.

With a little patience, all of my HP tech support experiences have been resolved positively, just don't lose your patience or your cool.

chris anderson

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 03:37:02 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
Hope it works out. Looks like it will. My experience has been that HP has really good tech support. Where they drop the ball is getting the customer connected with the proper dept. / person to deal with the appropriate product.

With a little patience, all of my HP tech support experiences have been resolved positively, just don't lose your patience or your cool.

just hard to do, whenthey say they are voiding a 1500.00 warranty!

chris anderson

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 02:16:58 pm »

the latest.....

They are saying The FRAME of the printer is possibly bent, because it was transported it in my truck!!  WTF!!!  This was why it said please replace the print heads???   I am afraid I have a snake in the grass, that dies not like it becuase I did not agree with her, now they are making stuff up!!!

looks like I will have to email Ben Wolf again....

Chris
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:40:03 pm by chris anderson »

chris anderson

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 04:15:36 pm »

Tech coming out again tomorrow.....

Roscolo

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »

Did you crate the printer before you moved it?

chris anderson

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:56 pm »

Did you crate the printer before you moved it?

no. but I did bag it, wrap it in plastic, card board all around and secured it. It should have been at least as good as crating it.
         C

Roscolo

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 01:23:39 am »

Looks like from your posts that it was working before you moved it?

Did you secure the carriage with tape like it was when you received it?

A word to anyone else considering moving your printer, especially the z3100 44", no way would I consider moving this printer on a truck, even 100 feet, without securing all moving parts with tape and building a solid crate out of plywood and 1x4 so the printer absolutely could not move inside the crate.

chris anderson

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 09:06:47 am »

Looks like from your posts that it was working before you moved it?

Did you secure the carriage with tape like it was when you received it?

A word to anyone else considering moving your printer, especially the z3100 44", no way would I consider moving this printer on a truck, even 100 feet, without securing all moving parts with tape and building a solid crate out of plywood and 1x4 so the printer absolutely could not move inside the crate.

yes carriage was taped

petermacc

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »

no. but I did bag it, wrap it in plastic, card board all around and secured it. It should have been at least as good as crating it.
         C

I would be very hesitant about just cardboard and paper these days. Given these larger printers and expensive cameras I would use instapak for large items or delicate smaller items if there was any issue with a company like HP with the moving of the items.
http://www.sealedair.com/library/brochure/instapak_gen.pdf

Cohiba

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 03:34:23 am »

Quote from: petermacc
I would be very hesitant about just cardboard and paper these days. Given these larger printers and expensive cameras I would use instapak for large items or delicate smaller items if there was any issue with a company like HP with the moving of the items.
http://www.sealedair.com/library/brochure/instapak_gen.pdf
Thanks for the Instapak info. After watching the setup video that accompanied Michael's initial report on the Z series, I'd have to agree that cardboard and bubble pack are akin to wing and prayer.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 06:41:55 am »

I suppose it is possible if there were some heavy lifting on one side causing a stress on the chassis.

Yet you have to know when HP move their printers from show to show, they simply roll them out to a lift gate truck and off they go. I haven't seen anything happen to them in this transport condition yet.

When I shipped out the 44" I put it back in the box the way it came and there were no problems with it in any way. That was even with the heads left in, cartridges too, and the box had to be turned heads up to fit in the elevator and through the door.

I had done this with at least 3 others and never had a problem. This is not saying that it couldn't happen though.
After the number of times I've seen the Z series abused on different shows, I really am surprised if it could happen though.
Might it be rather just a PROM battery gone dead?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up