Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Artisan driver for Vista 64-bit?  (Read 7169 times)

elauq

Sony Artisan driver for Vista 64-bit?
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:21:20 am »

I plan to build a 64-bit PC to run Photoshop CS4.  Is it possible to calibrate the Aritsan monitor on Vista?  Thanks for links/suggestions.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:33 am »

Sony never made any 64 bit drivers for the artisan for XP.  They now don't support the monitor anymore so don't plan on seeing anything.  You could hook up a device like the eye-one and use it to calibrate the monitor.  None of the Sony software will work and there are no 64 bit device drivers.

Paul C

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Unkle Vito!

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:29:29 pm »

Quote from: Paul2660
Sony never made any 64 bit drivers for the artisan for XP.  They now don't support the monitor anymore so don't plan on seeing anything.  You could hook up a device like the eye-one and use it to calibrate the monitor.  None of the Sony software will work and there are no 64 bit device drivers.

Paul C

Paul:

We will begin working on producing drivers and update software for the Sony Artisan that will allow the Color Reference System to work under Vista and XP 64-bit. I will let everyone know as soon as we start beta testing.

The Color Reference System already works on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.x).

In the mean time, if you would like to upgrade your older Artisan to a Brand New 2004 with zero hours of use, please see my entry in Discussion Forums under "For Sale".

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at unklevito@aol.com

"Long Live the Sony Artisan"

Sincerely,

Unkle Vito!

Mike Boden

• http://www.mikeboden.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 01:05:46 pm »

Unkle Vito!!!!!!!

This is fantastic news. I just sent you an email inquiring about this.

--------

Anyway, to the original poster, another solution might be "Color Eyes Display Pro" by Integrated Color. I haven't tested it yet, but the software is supposed to be DDC (Digital Display Control) compliant, which means that it can control monitors that are also DDC compliant. The software works with a variety of pucks including the EyeOne, ColorEye, and Spyder3. So I suggest you contact them and see what they say. There's also more info on their support forum from users.

Good luck.
Mike Boden - www.mikeboden.com
Instagram

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:11:50 am »

Hi Unkle Vito.

How is progress going on the vista 64 bit drivers?
john

RudyKat

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:47:18 am »

Quote from: hilljf
Hi Unkle Vito.

How is progress going on the vista 64 bit drivers?
john

I just tried to install the original dvrs on a Vista Dell and was told I have an unsupported version of Windows. Is there a way to install to the current 32-bit dvrs? Any word on Unkle Vito's 64-bit dvrs? Thx.

Rudy
RudyKat

RudyKat

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 12:39:24 pm »

I tried and end-around approach by installing XP on Vista, calibrating the monitor, and then pointing (or moving files) CS4 to the ICMs. After a prolonged session in a MS "help" forum and other sources I gave up on the dual-boot concept. After that I began profile/calibration research that ended up with buying the Datacolor Studio pkg of monitor/printer/projector hdwr/sfwr. Although I have read quite a bit about color management in books, articles and posts, I still consider myself a novice in that area. If the print has what I want and accept, then on with life. After getting down to either the Colormunki or Spyder3, I chose the Spyder3 and not only am very pleased with the complete product, but the online support from Datacolor is incredible. I do not use the term lightly having supported Access for MS 12 years from its intro. The problems I had were some tyro boneheaders, but some were from the UI of the software. No showstoppers, but real issues. Some of my suggestions were actually added to the 4.1 version, available I believe in beta from the Datacolor site. I highly recommend the product as an intuitive, instructive, versatile and cost-effective means of monitor calibration/profiling and printer/paper/media profiling. Now I really enjoy and understand better my Artisan and 2200 photo team. I have attached a small xls that helps me with understanding my paper options and a little more understanding of CM.

rudykat

RudyKat
Pages: [1]   Go Up