Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Catalog + Files  (Read 1895 times)

TallFlyer

Moving Catalog + Files
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »

So......

Since the inception of my LR Catalog I've stored all my images and catalog on my E:\ drive which is a external USB drive. I've had much sucess at porting that drive around using LR on different comps without any issues. I've just bought a much larger D:\ drive, and I'd like to move my LR catalog and images over to that drive as my life is about to get a lot more mobile and I'd like to cut down on how many USB drives I'm carrying around.

So, copying the actual images files over is easy, but LR2 won't open up my existing catalog file when it's on D:\drive, only on E:\.

So I guess my question is, how do I create a new catalog file on D:\ that points to all my images on D:\?

Thanks.

TF

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Moving Catalog + Files
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:51:43 pm »

Don't create a new catalogue on D. Have you actually copied the E catalogue over onto D? What then prevents you opening the catalogue now on D? Have you tried File > Open Catalog?

TallFlyer

Moving Catalog + Files
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:34 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
Don't create a new catalogue on D. Have you actually copied the E catalogue over onto D? What then prevents you opening the catalogue now on D? Have you tried File > Open Catalog?
I copied everything over, images and catalog, and LR can't open the Catalog on D: because it's locked into read-only status (even after right-clicking and changing that it reverts back to read-only).

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Moving Catalog + Files
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:29:45 am »

When LR is closed, in the catalogue's folder are there any files called LR2 all photos.lrcat.lock  or maybe journal? If so, delete these. And try opening the catalogue again.

To sort this out, it's important that you say what operating system you are using (Windows or Vista) and exactly what error messages you are seeing. When precisely does the file revert to read only?
Pages: [1]   Go Up