Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ColorMatch3 or APS for monitor profile?  (Read 4022 times)

walter.sk

ColorMatch3 or APS for monitor profile?
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:51:50 pm »

Just on a lark, I downloaded the ColorMatch3.5 software.  I had been profiling my CRT using the HP-branded EyeOnev2 colorimeter and the HP APS software.  I had been setting my aging monitor's luminance at 85 and getting profiles in the Excellent range.

I tried the ColorMatch software, which gave me the choice of a luminance value of 80, 90 or 100, or Custom.  If I tried Custom, I could not write in "85", and the software said to place the colorimeter over a white patch on the monitor.  However, the software did not supply one, so I assume I would have to open Photoshop and display a blank document at 255, 255, 255.

So I chose a luminance value of 90 rather than 80, which now seems a bit too bright compared to my previous 85.

Am I better off using the APS software than the ColorMatch?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:07:07 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
Just on a lark, I downloaded the ColorMatch3.5 software.  I had been profiling my CRT using the HP-branded EyeOnev2 colorimeter and the HP APS software.  I had been setting my aging monitor's luminance at 85 and getting profiles in the Excellent range.

I tried the ColorMatch software, which gave me the choice of a luminance value of 80, 90 or 100, or Custom.  If I tried Custom, I could not write in "85", and the software said to place the colorimeter over a white patch on the monitor.  However, the software did not supply one, so I assume I would have to open Photoshop and display a blank document at 255, 255, 255.

So I chose a luminance value of 90 rather than 80, which now seems a bit too bright compared to my previous 85.

Am I better off using the APS software than the ColorMatch?

Hmmm, ColorMatch, or EyeOne Match? I've never heard of ColorMatch software (nor has google)
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:50:34 pm »

Quote from: Czornyj
Hmmm, ColorMatch, or EyeOne Match? I've never heard of ColorMatch software (nor has google)

Oops!  My mistake.  It is EyeOneMatch.  I needed a good night's sleep when I wrote that!

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:53 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
Oops!  My mistake.  It is EyeOneMatch.  I needed a good night's sleep when I wrote that!

I suggest to download the latest EyeOne Match 3.6.2 from X-Rite site, and install it again. I tested my i1Match, and could set the custom target luminance value to 85cd/m^2 without any problem.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:19 am »

APS is easy to use, just as easy as i1 Match. MAtch has some additional possible settings in advanced mode. I didn't have any problem setting luminance values last time I tried, comparing the i1 MAtch to ColorMunki. The results are slightly better with i1 Match because of these personalized settings that the CM lacks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up