Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hasselblad lenses on a Contax 645  (Read 3820 times)

GuyinSG

hasselblad lenses on a Contax 645
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:08:57 pm »

HI all,

Just joined this forum.  I know that Novoflex makes a quality adapter for Hassy lenses to fit a Contax 645.  My question is with a Phase One back can I really use the leaf shutter of the Hassy lens to get a faster strobe sync speed? Will the Phase One back, the camera body and the Hassy lens all communicate to make higher sync speeds a reality?

Anthony R

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:14:11 pm »

I could be very wrong, but I would guess that it would not work as desired.

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:57:30 pm »

Quote from: GuyinSG
HI all,

Just joined this forum.  I know that Novoflex makes a quality adapter for Hassy lenses to fit a Contax 645.  My question is with a Phase One back can I really use the leaf shutter of the Hassy lens to get a faster strobe sync speed? Will the Phase One back, the camera body and the Hassy lens all communicate to make higher sync speeds a reality?

No.

the adapters do not do anything other than mount the lens on the body.  You can't stop down unless it's on manual and there is no mechanism to recock the leaf shutter in the lens.

Just about the only reason to go to Hasselblad,pentax, or  keiv or other lenses for the Contax is for a different look, i.e. a hasselblad f series 110 f2, or some russian glass for smoothness or to tilt shift, but all of those have to be stopped down.

JR

GuyinSG

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:23:40 am »

Quote from: James R Russell
No.

the adapters do not do anything other than mount the lens on the body.  You can't stop down unless it's on manual and there is no mechanism to recock the leaf shutter in the lens.

Just about the only reason to go to Hasselblad,pentax, or  keiv or other lenses for the Contax is for a different look, i.e. a hasselblad f series 110 f2, or some russian glass for smoothness or to tilt shift, but all of those have to be stopped down.

JR

Thanks guys for the replies.  James, I know the adaptor only couples the lens to the body and doesn't have any "communications ability" but here's my question...a Hassy lens coupled to the body, is there a sync cable available from camera to lens to trigger leaf shutter? When I push the shutter release on the body it tells the DB to go to work.  If there's a sync cable from body to lens would all this work together to fire the leaf shutter when the back "fires"?  

Guy

ixpressraf

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 04:42:16 am »

Guy, the leaf shutter in the hassie lens triggers the flash sync, it does not work the opposite way: you cant trigger the shutter by using the flash sync outlet.... The only way to use a leaf shutter is to use the hasselblad bellows adapted to your contax. I did so and it works fine.... but very limited use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up