- I have published the prices, even in US$, shortly before Photokina: the prices in the US should be about the same, here:http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=27940
Contact anyone of SBI's Sales Manager:
SINAR BRON IMAGING REGIONAL SALES MANAGERS
MARK MATHER email@example.com
CA, ID, NV, OR, WA
(661) 252-9460 (OFFICE)
(661) 252-9470 (FAX)
JIM REED firstname.lastname@example.org
NJ, LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK CITY
(917) 402-7550 (OFFICE)
(866) 498-4951 (FAX)
AR, KS, LA, MO, OK, TX
(972) 841-2360 (OFFICE)
DAVE MCRITCHIE email@example.com
CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, PA, RI, UPSTATE NY, VA, VT, WASHINGTON DC, WV
(603) 867-1813 (OFFICE)
(603) 965-0328 (FAX)
- The software works, with this camera, but fact is, that it does not even need it anymore. Remember, this camera system and back produces on-board DNG's and JPG's.
- The software does run tethered, so far without any noticeable problem from what I have seen.
- Speed of capture: I haven't tried it myself, but should be a little slower (possibly 1.5 - 2.0 sec.) than the capture rate (1 fps), depending on the Mac configuration.
- 900 pixel JPGs: as explained, they are produced on-board (un-tethered), with different choices of resolution.
- renaming, background processing, dual window editing: all this has been informed already, and the answer is yes.
- dual window/multiple windows: you can "layout" your Exposure windows/plugins as you wish, on 2 monitors, if needed. As for picking up the calibration: this is one I have to check.
- DNG compatibility: this has been answered already as well. The answer is yes.
- Display: the display shows the captured image until it is in the Mac/PC (yes, there is also a PC version with the very same functions as the Mac version).
- jams, file corruption, firewire powered issues: not yet, as far as I am concerned.
- Does the back read the complete exif info on expsoure, time shot, lens used, aperture and shutter speed: yes, it does so (except for older lenses).
Where can you buy on in the United States today?
What is the U.S. List price?
Does the new software work with this camera and is it tested and stable? (enough to bet an imporant project on it).
Will the software run tethered on a Mac Pro and a Mac Book Pro without issue?
If so what is the time from capture to full rez preview?
How long to batch process 900 pixel wide jpegs, how long to batch process full resolution tiffs?
Does the software allow for renaming, background processing, dual window editing?
Does the software in dual window work on multiple monitors and pick up the calibration of each monitor?
Are the DNG files compatible with photoshop, lightroom, C1 V4, Raw Developer?
Does the camera LCD work when tethered and if so how long does the image stay on the back?
Are there any reports of jams, file corruption, firewire powered issues?
Does the back read the complete exif info on expsoure, time shot, lens used, aperture and shutter speed?