Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my collections in 2.1  (Read 2886 times)

henk

Where are my collections in 2.1
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:15 pm »

I just downloaded LR 2.1 for windows XP and are missing the smart collections pre defined from Adobe. In my Apple version I have them. Any idea where I can find the and install?
Henk

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:52 pm »

Henk,

Smart Collections are in the same place as a Mac, AFAIK. Do you have the left side panel open in the library module? Collections are in the bottom of that panel.

Rich

henk

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:27:07 pm »

Henk,

Smart Collections are in the same place as a Mac, AFAIK. Do you have the left side panel open in the library module? Collections are in the bottom of that panel.

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226369\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes I do have the lef tpanel open and yes I am in Library mode and I see Collections. But when I want to open them there is nothing in it. In the Apple version I have underneath, the adobe smartcollections like Colored red, Five stars etc. But in my Win version nothing. How come?
Henk

Richowens

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:48:36 pm »

Henk,
Try clicking on the triangle next to Smart Collections and see if that expands them.

If not I would suggest a reinstall.

The presets install with the program and are not something seperate.

Rich

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 04:10:39 pm »

The smart collections defined by Adobe are barely worth having, and I'd question whether they're worth a reinstallation. I'd suggest you create your own to fit your needs.

If you really want to have them, create a new catalogue. This should create the default SCs. You can then right click them and save them as lrtemplate files wherever you want (eg to the desktop) which you can then import into your main catalogue.

But honestly, make your own.

John

henk

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:19:31 pm »

The smart collections defined by Adobe are barely worth having, and I'd question whether they're worth a reinstallation. I'd suggest you create your own to fit your needs.

If you really want to have them, create a new catalogue. This should create the default SCs. You can then right click them and save them as lrtemplate files wherever you want (eg to the desktop) which you can then import into your main catalogue.

But honestly, make your own.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226414\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
John, I created a new catalogue but again the smart collections were not there??? So I said adobe up .... and forget about them as you rightly said. But it is still curious.
Henk

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 12:28:16 pm »

I have seen this issue before, Henk, but glad you are looking into smart collections. They're a powerful feature and you'll learn much more by making more your own.

Also remember the possibility to hold down the Alt/Option key when you add an extra condition to a SC. It can nest extra conditions.

John

henk

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:27:04 am »

Quote from: johnbeardy
I have seen this issue before, Henk, but glad you are looking into smart collections. They're a powerful feature and you'll learn much more by making more your own.

Also remember the possibility to hold down the Alt/Option key when you add an extra condition to a SC. It can nest extra conditions.

John
Thanks John, I was not aware of this feature Alt/Option key . Yes I think smart collection can make life much easier.
Henk

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:39 am »

Well, having told you to abandon what you were trying to do, I figured I owed you a handy tip!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up