Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 65 price reduced  (Read 10106 times)

SeanBK

Leaf Aptus 65 price reduced
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:49 am »

Got the latest Pdn magazine & on the back cover is an attractive ad from Leaf. 28MP Aptus 65 for $13,995
  I believe the promotion is not brand new but going on for couple of months. I thought the price is really reasonable, though it is not the latest 65+. Other than increase in capture rate for 65+. What other improvements 65+ offers over 65? Any improvement in image quality? Though I love the latest version w/tilting LCD, sure would come in handy when I shoot vintage cars from low angles, that is assuming the latest Leaf has "Live View".

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:30:46 am »

Got the latest Pdn magazine & on the back cover is an attractive ad from Leaf. 28MP Aptus 65 for $13,995
  I believe the promotion is not brand new but going on for couple of months. I thought the price is really reasonable, though it is not the latest 65+. Other than increase in capture rate for 65+. What other improvements 65+ offers over 65? Any improvement in image quality? Though I love the latest version w/tilting LCD, sure would come in handy when I shoot vintage cars from low angles, that is assuming the latest Leaf has "Live View".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226319\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There would be no image quality difference between an A65, A65S, or A65 II, other than capture rate and tilting screen, as you suggest. Not sure about Live View on the A65 II.

David

michele

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:44:04 am »

Go in www.leaf-photography.com and go in the support section then simply subscribe the form, you can download a raw converter and download raw files from almost all the aptus backs  and see the differences

yaya

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:26:53 pm »

Go in www.leaf-photography.com and go in the support section then simply subscribe the form, you can download a raw converter and download raw files from almost all the aptus backs  and see the differences
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226347\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Aptus, Aptus S and Aptus II do not offer a tilting screen, this feature is unique to the AFi-II lone.
Image quality is similar on on models however the Aptus II has a brighter screen and both the S and the II provide better/ faster Live View when tethered, compared to the non S as they have FW800.

Yair

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:36:41 pm »

yaya, why can't the earlier Aptus 65 do color live view ?

cheers

SeanBK

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 12:40:46 pm »

Aptus, Aptus S and Aptus II do not offer a tilting screen, this feature is unique to the AFi-II lone.
Image quality is similar on on models however the Aptus II has a brighter screen and both the S and the II provide better/ faster Live View when tethered, compared to the non S as they have FW800.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, but I am still confused @ Aptus 65 & FW800. I presume one can get liveView but only iin black & white? What is FW800??
    Appreciate your response. Take care.

yaya

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 12:46:33 pm »

Thanks, but I am still confused @ Aptus 65 & FW800. I presume one can get liveView but only iin black & white? What is FW800??
    Appreciate your response. Take care.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226364\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

FireWire 800. The Aptus 65 (non S) runs on FireWire 400 so the S and the II offer higher frame rate when using Live View, making focus and composition more practical.

Colour Live View is only available on Aptus-II, AFi and AFi-II models.

Yair

SeanBK

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:50:02 pm »

FireWire 800. The Aptus 65 (non S) runs on FireWire 400 so the S and the II offer higher frame rate when using Live View, making focus and composition more practical.

Colour Live View is only available on Aptus-II, AFi and AFi-II models.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for clarifying, appreciate your quick reply. Take care.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:50:25 pm by SeanBK »

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 01:11:57 pm »

is the aptus 65 still even current product? I would assume the price through the dealer network has dropped below 13999 to move them out....

Fritzer

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 01:45:43 pm »

A bit of a thread-jack, sorry, but that's not worth its own topic.

Is it correct the Aptus-II backs come with free live-view, not requiring a dongle ?
Any plans to include free life-view in future Leaf-Capture releases ?

Thanks.

yaya

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:22 pm »

A bit of a thread-jack, sorry, but that's not worth its own topic.

Is it correct the Aptus-II backs come with free live-view, not requiring a dongle ?
Any plans to include free life-view in future Leaf-Capture releases ?

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Tom, the Aptus-II, AFi and AFi-II come with built-in Live View and do not require a dongle. Older models still require it and the price of the dongle has been reduced.

Yair

jmboss

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 12:20:03 am »

Hello Tom, the Aptus-II, AFi and AFi-II come with built-in Live View and do not require a dongle. Older models still require it and the price of the dongle has been reduced.

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Yair,

What is the new reduced price of the Dongel? Is this a Mac only product or will it work on a Windows XP computer, and most importantly is it compatible with the Leaf Aptus 17 Digital Back?

Thank you for your help.

Joe

yaya

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 12:42:43 am »

Hello Yair,

What is the new reduced price of the Dongel? Is this a Mac only product or will it work on a Windows XP computer, and most importantly is it compatible with the Leaf Aptus 17 Digital Back?

Thank you for your help.

Joe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

500 EUR in Europe, you can check with your local dealer for the US price. It works on both Mac and PC and supports all Valeo and Aptus models.

Yair

Fritzer

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 11:44:11 am »

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cheers, will go for it.

revaaron

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 11:58:22 am »

isn't the aptus 22 still $12K? someone I met just fire-saled his used one for $10-11K.

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »

So whats the US list price on an aptus 6 II ?      and what has this pushed the 65 and 65s down to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up