Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think Tank Airport Accelerated  (Read 1828 times)

Khurram

Think Tank Airport Accelerated
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:03:26 am »

I need a bag for international travel that can store the bulk of my gear.

I'd like to pick up the Airport Addicted for N. American travel, but that bag is too big for international travel.

The Airport Accelerated looks like a good option.  The bag looks like it can hold a lot and is very well constructed.  However, what concerns me is that the laptop pocket seems very suceptible to theft.

Would appreciate expereince of those that have used that bag.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

pindman

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00:00 am »

Just got back from Southern Africa, where I took it from the US to 6 countries without any difficulty.  Took it previously to the Pyrenees in Spain, and before that many countries in East Africa without difficulty.  Carried 2 or 3 Canon 1D bodies, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400, and multiple other things.  This last trip also carried  a 60 Urban Disguise 60.  

No problems.  The backpack with gear was over 10kg, but it looks small so wasn't weighed.  As far as theft, nothing that not in armor is secure.  Use common sense.

And I just looked and it's on sale for $195!  

It's wonderful!!!!!

Paul

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:43:04 am »

Just got back from Southern Africa, where I took it from the US to 6 countries without any difficulty.  Took it previously to the Pyrenees in Spain, and before that many countries in East Africa without difficulty.  Carried 2 or 3 Canon 1D bodies, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400, and multiple other things.  This last trip also carried  a 60 Urban Disguise 60. 

No problems.  The backpack with gear was over 10kg, but it looks small so wasn't weighed.  As far as theft, nothing that not in armor is secure.  Use common sense.

And I just looked and it's on sale for $195! 

It's wonderful!!!!!

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for sharing your experience with the bag Paul!  Nice to hear that you didn't have any issues with the bag at airports.  I've had my Tamrac and Lowepro's weighed in Toronto which resulted in me having to leave stuff with relatives one time and have to put things in my checked baggage another instance.

I was really impressed with the build quality and how much the bag can hold.  Just wasn't sure how easily some could just pull the laptop case out from behind without you being aware.
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

stever

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:34 am »

i'm just packing mine up for its first trip - it holds a lot

i don't normally plan to use the laptop case - it's well enough padded, but i think a bit vulnerable to damage on the outside of the bag.  there may be a low divider option to allow putting it inside - depending on what gear you're packing

once the laptop case is zipped in the outside pocket it takes some force to remove - but i'd certainly not carry it around Rome or Barcelona (or a number of other places in Europe)

at the sale price it's a great value
Pages: [1]   Go Up