Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR tools quit working  (Read 1648 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
LR tools quit working
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:58:05 pm »

Sometimes when trying to create a local adjustment, I click on the tool, but never get the tool. Even though one of the tools is selected, my icon remains either the hand or the zoom, and all I can do is drag the document around or zoom in and out. I can make any global adjustments, but cannot create a local adjustment like a gradient.

The only fix I've found is to quit and relaunch LR.  So far I haven't found anything that is common to this occurring, and in fact cannot get it to do so at will.  I do know that when doing a lot of adjustments with the brush, my computer usually can't keep up, even though I'm running a Dual Quad MacPro on Raid 0 partitions and 16 gigs of RAM.  Right now teseting if  it happens when I click to create a new adjustment before LR finishes the previous one.  Just a hunch.

This seems like an odd problem, and I can't seem to find anything about it via google.  It is very annoying, so apparently it isn't affecting many others.  This indicates something unique to my system, so I'm hoping for some suggestions.

Currently using Mac Pro 2x3ghz quad core, 2 terabyte Raid 0 drive, 16 gigs RAM, OS X 10.5.5, LR 2.1RC (although I had the problem before trying the RC).

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
LR tools quit working
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:22:16 am »

This may not help you, but if you're using the gradient tool or the brush tool and you hold down the spacebar you can zoom/ pan.  Sounds like it's stuck on you somehow...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

brianrybolt

LR tools quit working
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:06:23 am »

Sometimes when trying to create a local adjustment, I click on the tool, but never get the tool. Even though one of the tools is selected, my icon remains either the hand or the zoom, and all I can do is drag the document around or zoom in and out. I can make any global adjustments, but cannot create a local adjustment like a gradient.

The only fix I've found is to quit and relaunch LR.  So far I haven't found anything that is common to this occurring, and in fact cannot get it to do so at will.  I do know that when doing a lot of adjustments with the brush, my computer usually can't keep up, even though I'm running a Dual Quad MacPro on Raid 0 partitions and 16 gigs of RAM.  Right now teseting if  it happens when I click to create a new adjustment before LR finishes the previous one.  Just a hunch.

This seems like an odd problem, and I can't seem to find anything about it via google.  It is very annoying, so apparently it isn't affecting many others.  This indicates something unique to my system, so I'm hoping for some suggestions.

Currently using Mac Pro 2x3ghz quad core, 2 terabyte Raid 0 drive, 16 gigs RAM, OS X 10.5.5, LR 2.1RC (although I had the problem before trying the RC).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wayne,

You might try the following - it has help me more than once:  GoTo:

Users > Library > Preferences > com.adobe.lightroom.plist

a.  Move 'plist' to Trash & Empty.
b.  Open LR  -should be fine-

Hope it helps.
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up