Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP - Hahnemuhle Smooth FAP  (Read 2201 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
HP - Hahnemuhle Smooth FAP
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:46:54 am »

I called my supplier last night trying to get hold of some more HSFAP part #Q8732A. He said he didn't stock it any more, he called HIS supplier and they told him it is a discontinued product. Eh?

I tried to find other suppliers (UK) and nobody seems to have any, I ended up buying from Amazon!

Anybody know anything about the 24" paper being discontinued? Weird.

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:27 am »

It's still listed on the HP website (not that HP's websites are a remotely reliable indicator) and its still listed at ATLEX
Regards,
Ron

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:24 pm »

Yeah, I dunno. A lot of places here in UK seem to be out of stock and no idea when they will get delivery. Perhaps a bit of a shortage over here?

I can't imagine it's discontinued.

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

Jimmy Doyle told me the HP HTFA in 310 was also discontinued. All that's left is the lighter weights. A boneheadier change I've rarely seen.  The heavier weight is all I use, it's only 5-10% more than the lightweight stuff.

Bill

Yeah, I dunno. A lot of places here in UK seem to be out of stock and no idea when they will get delivery. Perhaps a bit of a shortage over here?

I can't imagine it's discontinued.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226069\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:27:31 pm »

Jimmy Doyle told me the HP HTFA in 310 was also discontinued. All that's left is the lighter weights. A boneheadier change I've rarely seen.  The heavier weight is all I use, it's only 5-10% more than the lightweight stuff.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226071\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Meaning they are pulling them with no direct substitute/replacement?  WTF?  Is there some sort of missing information here that might explain such a move?  I thought that this line was one of their better selling fine art products.  I won't miss the textured that much, but I've bought quite a lot of their Smooth Fine Art.
-Ron
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

walter.sk

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:06:20 pm »

Meaning they are pulling them with no direct substitute/replacement?  WTF?  Is there some sort of missing information here that might explain such a move?  I thought that this line was one of their better selling fine art products.  I won't miss the textured that much, but I've bought quite a lot of their Smooth Fine Art.
-Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Damn!  I noticed that my supplier now only lists the lighter HP HahnTFAP.  I hope the 310gsm SFA paper is not headed south, as well.  The weight is just perfect for me, and for matte papers they have a great dynamic range.
Pages: [1]   Go Up