Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export problem LR 2.1  (Read 2125 times)

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Export problem LR 2.1
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:03:28 pm »

This is part of a post I made a week ago on the Adobe LR user to user forum. I wondered if any one here may know?
Windows XP, Lightroom 2.1
When I export a tiff file from the library module, and in the Export Dialogue - File Settings - Format  select "original", then the tiff is exported with no adjustments made to it, just the sidecar's details, so it looks correct in LR on import, but not when opened in another program. When I choose "Tiff" under the Export Dialogue - File Settings - Format settings, then the adjustments are "baked in" so to speak. I now have the file I want.
Is this a bug or normal behaviour?
The adjustments were crop and rotate.
Thanks in advance, David

Richowens

Export problem LR 2.1
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:50:49 pm »

David,

This is normal behavior. Exporting the original is just that, no LR adjustments.

To get the crop and rotate to show you need to export a copy with LR adjustments. I suggest you also check the box at the bottom to "Stack with original".

Rich

David Sutton

Export problem LR 2.1
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:51:03 pm »

David,

This is normal behavior. Exporting the original is just that, no LR adjustments.

To get the crop and rotate to show you need to export a copy with LR adjustments. I suggest you also check the box at the bottom to "Stack with original".

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225894\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for replying Rich. Where I'm getting confused is that I don't see any option for "export a copy with LR adjustments" in the Export dialogue.
So I have a tiff file, I hit the export button to "bake in" the adjustments I've made so another program can see what I've done, and I would have thought setting the format to "original" would apply the adjustments and re-save as a tiff. I only see the "export a copy with LR adjustments"  dialogue if I select the "Edit in.." dialogue in the right click options. Cheers, David

Richowens

Export problem LR 2.1
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:49:08 am »

David,

My apologies, I did not read your question properly.

You are correct in what happens if you use original format. LR will not apply any changes and simply export the original file. However if you choose tiff instead LR will export the file with changes applied.

I just used a tiff I had in the library, cropped and rotated and just for kicks added a curve, chose tiff in the export dialogue and exported to hard disk with changes applied. I opened the file in PS to compare to the file in LR.

If it is a bug, I don't know. I feel it is by design to allow export of unchanged files.

Again my apologies for the confusion

Rich

David Sutton

Export problem LR 2.1
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:05:52 am »

Ah, cool. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't me fumbling the controls. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up