Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo paper suggestions?  (Read 2727 times)

tony Rosca

• http://www.photophan.com
photo paper suggestions?
« on: September 30, 2008, 05:17:08 pm »

Hi guys
I just need some input on this picture and suggestions on what paper I should printed. I want to donate the picture for a kids charity organization
thanks,
Tony

DarkPenguin

photo paper suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:45:56 pm »

I'm not certain but I think that monkey is radioactive.

I'm partial to inkjet art micro ceramic luster but I think this might be a job for a high gloss paper.

tony Rosca

photo paper suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »

I'm not certain but I think that monkey is radioactive.

I'm partial to inkjet art micro ceramic luster but I think this might be a job for a high gloss paper.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the advice but I am not looking to use a budget paper.

KeithR

photo paper suggestions?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:35:36 am »

Thanks for the advice but I am not looking to use a budget paper.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225870\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To keep the look that I see on screen, I would send it out to a custom lab that can output to a "metalic" paper. The custom lab I use, White House(www.whcc.com) offers such a service. If you were thickong of printing yourself, then a high quality gloss is what I would suggest, and there are a few to chose from, but keep in mind that they will have some texture to them. If your looking for the Ciachrome look, the selection is almost none. The only thing I have seen that comes close is the metalic.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

tony Rosca

photo paper suggestions?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:57 pm »

To keep the look that I see on screen, I would send it out to a custom lab that can output to a "metalic" paper. The custom lab I use, White House(www.whcc.com) offers such a service. If you were thickong of printing yourself, then a high quality gloss is what I would suggest, and there are a few to chose from, but keep in mind that they will have some texture to them. If your looking for the Ciachrome look, the selection is almost none. The only thing I have seen that comes close is the metalic.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=226024\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you so much for your help. I will try White House. I believe you are right with the metallic look..I printed on Exhibition  Fiber Paper which it is my favorite paper together with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk but it didn't had the punch I wanted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up