Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad at Photokina  (Read 58017 times)

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2008, 11:06:11 am »

Quote from: froesner
That must be my post you are talking about James ... and I thought I put enough numbers behind the 28point (I used "Hasselblad 28.8967856 mm") so that it would clearly be seen as ironic.  In fact I was trying to make the same point as you - referring to someone who mentioned that the 28mm actually is a 29mm ... but I failed obviously    

/Frank

I agreed with you.

What you were doing was funny.   Can you imagine walking into the store and saying I want to buy a 28.897856 mm lens for my 1.16 crop, 645 camera?

JR

froesner

• http://images.luiroq.com
Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2008, 01:46:09 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
I agreed with you.

What you were doing was funny.   Can you imagine walking into the store and saying I want to buy a 28.897856 mm lens for my 1.16 crop, 645 camera?

JR

I will rather call Hasselblad and complain about them using the word "full" in the same fashion others use "maverick"

FR

SeanBK

Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2008, 10:32:33 pm »

I will rather call Hasselblad and complain about them using the word "full" in the same fashion others use "maverick"

FR

or the use of word "experience", like Borat uses.

hubell

Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2008, 10:47:42 pm »

Quote from: EPd

The people who answer the phone at Hasselblad are way too polite and politically correct to answer you appropriately. However, if they were not, we could speculate as to what they would say. I can think of a number of possibilities and I am in hysterics thinking of them.

design_freak

Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2008, 05:34:25 am »

Quote from: mcfoto
Hi
Here is my 2cents worth. Yes Hasselblad drops the price on the basic kit, good for them!
     But, why would you come out with a $7000.00 USD lens ( 35-90 ) that is designed for up to the H3D11-50.  Will it work  for the H3D-60? Will be cropped in the camera? This just confuses me, why would you design a new lens that is not designed for the latest & greatest?
     Are you committed to the latest chip size or the previous 36x48mm?

Denis

Maybe because it is very good lens ... I think that H3DII 50 is latest & greatest right now
Anyway, not everybody need H3DII 60 ( you have a lot of choice : 31,39, 50 Mpix)
If you need H3DII 60, you must wait till Q2 2009, it's a lot of time. Who knows what BIG "H" will show next year. Maybe another great lens for your New H3DII 60
 We have similar situation in Nikon. So, don't worry.

Freak
Best regards,
DF

FlashDB

• http://
Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »

FR

Call phase as well while your at it, they use crop as well and nobody answers their ....phones!  

Cohiba

Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2008, 04:07:48 pm »

Is the MF market is no longer growing?
Is Nikon about to enter it?
If yes to both of the above, what is Hasselblad’s best strategic move?
Are driving down margins and/or cutting product cycle times the most effective ways for Haselblad to kill the smaller players and consolidate share before Nikon and Canon come to the party?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Hasselblad at Photokina
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2008, 11:18:05 am »

Quote from: Nick-T
I spent most of my time showing the HTS and Phocus 1.1.
The HTS is a very nice piece of kit (the one we were shooting with still has a few tweaks to be made) and 'Blad are expecting to ship in January (hopefully to me first:)).
The amazing thing (to me) about the HTS is that the movements (tilt/swing, rise/fall/shift and rotation) are read by sensors in the HTS and embedded in the files meta data so that Phocus can preform lens corrections.  The distortion correction is particularly impressive. The corrections work with any (of the 5 supported) lenses and or extension tube combinations.

Its also worth noting that the HTS works mechanically on any H body and digital back but without the significant benefit of Lens Corrections.

Nick-T

Thanks to Nick for helping us out.

For those who are interested then here is an example of what you would see on the H LCD and the Info window in Phocus.  My screen captures are from two different sessions to that's why the figures don't match.  ;-)

This allows us to perform lens corrections as Nick describes above.  Becomes very complex when the lens and image plane are no longer parallel.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up