Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR not recognising Tiffs  (Read 1444 times)

pflower

LR not recognising Tiffs
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:33:29 am »

I am importing a range of tiff files which have been scanned and then saved as 16 bit Tiffs in Photoshop.  Some of these are recognised by Lightroom and are imported without problem.  Others are simply not recognised.

There is a folder of Tiffs some with curve and levels adjustment layers and others without any adjustment layers.  They all behave perfectly normally with Photoshop - they are all 16 bit Tiffs in Adobe RGB space. But when I point LR at them I get the error message "No Photos were found to import."

As I say i can open all of these in PS - flatten them and save them. The same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

For what it is worth these were all probably last saved in CS or CS2 but other files saved at the same time or even earlier are happily accepted by LR.

pflower

LR not recognising Tiffs
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:59 am »

Immediately found the answer.  Just in case anyone else runs across this - these were all saved from a Silverfast plug-in and I hadn't bothered to make sure that they were all saved with a .tif suffix.  LR clearly looks to the suffix and won't import files without one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up