Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R1900 + Fine Art Paper  (Read 4247 times)

solonphotos

Epson R1900 + Fine Art Paper
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:57:35 am »

I just purchased an Epson R1900 for my digital photography classroom - with a plan to print on 13x19 Epson Velvet fine art paper.  I am using an Intel Mac with Leopard (OS 10.5.5).  I downloaded the latest Epson driver for Leopard.

But - there is a problem.  If I try to use the rear-mounted single sheet feeder - the media choice for Epson fine art papers is grayed out when printing from photoshop CS3.

After 2 hours on the phone with Epson (for which I had to pay the phone cost) - the tech concluded that there is a "glitch" in the new Leopard driver for the R1900.

Has anyone used the R1900 single sheet rear feeder with Fine Art paper and a Mac running Leopard and Photoshop CS3 ???

I am ready to ship it back.

Dick

http://www.wilderness-studio.com

billrickman

Epson R1900 + Fine Art Paper
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:47:36 pm »

Quote from: solonphotos
I just purchased an Epson R1900 for my digital photography classroom - with a plan to print on 13x19 Epson Velvet fine art paper.  I am using an Intel Mac with Leopard (OS 10.5.5).  I downloaded the latest Epson driver for Leopard.

But - there is a problem.  If I try to use the rear-mounted single sheet feeder - the media choice for Epson fine art papers is grayed out when printing from photoshop CS3.

After 2 hours on the phone with Epson (for which I had to pay the phone cost) - the tech concluded that there is a "glitch" in the new Leopard driver for the R1900.

Has anyone used the R1900 single sheet rear feeder with Fine Art paper and a Mac running Leopard and Photoshop CS3 ???

I am ready to ship it back.

Dick

http://www.wilderness-studio.com
Hey Dick,

I have been very disappointed with my R1900 experience too! Epson seems to be dropping the ball on this printer. The prints are quite nice when I'm not changing ink cartridges. I was warned about this before hand. I'm not upset at having to change the ink (which is quite often even though I do not print very often) but the printer won't recognize the new cartridge every time. I can't understand why they don't step it up. Canon and HP are looking better all the time!

But, to your question. I would try a sheet through the regular feeder. I have found quite a few work-arounds for other papers that are "not supported" for the R1900 with mixed results. If you can return the printer, I would suggest the 3800. More expensive, but if it is for a classroom, the ink cost and time spent changing it would be reason enough for me. The 3800 has been around for a bit and epson should have all the bugs out.

Bill
Bill

Olympus: E-p1, M. Zukio 17 f2.8, Zukio 35 f2, Zukio 50 f1.8
Epson: R1900
Pages: [1]   Go Up