Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 2 Filtering  (Read 1878 times)

TallFlyer

LR 2 Filtering
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:34:51 am »

So in LR 1.x one could select a filter and you could see on the keyword list or on your folder list a readout of how many images in either the particular keyword or folder matched that filter setting. Will LR2 do the same thing?

Also, when using the filter bar to find images in LR2 every time I select a different folder or keyword the filter bar defaults back to No Filter which I personally find HIGHLY annoying. Again, any way to change this?

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
LR 2 Filtering
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:06:17 am »

The info on the filmstrip shows what folder/collection you are in and the [number that match your search criteria] / [total in that area].  But you have to expose the filmstrip to see it (at least temporarily).

Under 'keyword list' I don't know how to limit the number listed there only to the folder/collection being viewed.

I also don't know if there's a way to make the filter "sticky."

Dave Chew

madmanchan

• Web
LR 2 Filtering
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:59 am »

The filter should be sticky to the collection you're in.
Eric Chan

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
LR 2 Filtering
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 05:20:42 pm »

Quote from: TallFlyer
So in LR 1.x one could select a filter and you could see on the keyword list or on your folder list a readout of how many images in either the particular keyword or folder matched that filter setting. Will LR2 do the same thing?
Yes. Just add another column in the filter bar, or change one of the existing columns to a keyword filter.

Now, you will get a list of keywords in what ever folder folder or collection you select along the left and as you select other filters, say, date, the keyword list is narrowed down again. Like all the filters, count is provided.

Quote from: TallFlyer
Also, when using the filter bar to find images in LR2 every time I select a different folder or keyword the filter bar defaults back to No Filter which I personally find HIGHLY annoying. Again, any way to change this?
Yes, it does, but some may consider that a feature.    Lightroom remembers the filter setting for the folder or collection. If you switch back to the previous folder, you will see the filter settings that you had pop right back ("sticky" as madmanchan mentions), so it is not defaulting to 'no filter', but rather to the filter you last set for that particular folder. As mentioned above, you might want to try adding keywords to your filter bar.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:22:22 pm by JDClements »
Pages: [1]   Go Up