Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Printer Watcher can't find 3800  (Read 3884 times)

byebyefilm

Epson Printer Watcher can't find 3800
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »

I have a 3800 on an older Mac G5 running 10.4.11. It has always worked perfectly, connected by the USB cable. I have not used the printer for a few months and it was turned off. During this period I did connect a new HP laser printer via Ethernet and it works perfectly.java script:emoticon(':)')

However, now that I am ready to print again with the 3800 and after  turning it "ON", the Epson Printer Watcher comes up and says that it cannot find the driver to monitor this printer. So, I assume the driver has somehow been corrupted and I go to Epson and get the new one just released on the Sept. 18. It said it installed properly (I don't know where). However, I still cannot print as I get the same Printer Watcher message.  When I click "page setup" only the laser printer shows as being available.
java script:emoticon(':angry:')
I have moved the USB cable to see if I had a bed connection and no change.  Any ideas/help will be appriciated. Thanks.

thunter

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:32:18 am »

I have a 3800 on an older Mac G5 running 10.4.11. It has always worked perfectly, connected by the USB cable. I have not used the printer for a few months and it was turned off. During this period I did connect a new HP laser printer via Ethernet and it works perfectly.java script:emoticon(':)')

However, now that I am ready to print again with the 3800 and after  turning it "ON", the Epson Printer Watcher comes up and says that it cannot find the driver to monitor this printer. So, I assume the driver has somehow been corrupted and I go to Epson and get the new one just released on the Sept. 18. It said it installed properly (I don't know where). However, I still cannot print as I get the same Printer Watcher message.  When I click "page setup" only the laser printer shows as being available.
I have moved the USB cable to see if I had a bed connection and no change.  Any ideas/help will be appriciated. Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225006\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have had an issue with USB cables not liking my 3800. Sometimes it would recognize it and other times not. Finally I got a new cable and so far so good.

Terry .

na goodman

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:29:02 am »

However, now that I am ready to print again with the 3800 and after  turning it "ON", the Epson Printer Watcher comes up and says that it cannot find the driver to monitor this printer. So, I assume the driver has somehow been corrupted and I go to Epson and get the new one just released on the Sept. 18. It said it installed properly (I don't know where). However, I still cannot print as I get the same Printer Watcher message.  When I click "page setup" only the laser printer shows as being available.
I have moved the USB cable to see if I had a bed connection and no change.  Any ideas/help will be appriciated. Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225006\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you gone to the system pref/print and fax window and readded the printer after you reinstalled the print driver.

byebyefilm

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 03:48:57 pm »

Thanks for the advice. Somehow I got into the Epson Printer Setup Utility and that "found" the 3800 and got it relisted on the printer/fax pref. list. I got lucky. Who knows why it disappeared but it is back now so all that matters.

Photolandscape

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:22:06 pm »

Thanks for the advice. Somehow I got into the Epson Printer Setup Utility and that "found" the 3800 and got it relisted on the printer/fax pref. list. I got lucky. Who knows why it disappeared but it is back now so all that matters.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bybebye, for the first time ever, I am encountering something very simiilar. Basically, the same thing but when I add the printer back in, and it says it's installed and there, I get an error message--"Error -9672". If I go to the Print window in CS3, it doesn't even list the 3800. Driving me nuts, that's for sure. I too have 10.4.11 on an ancient original G5, the 1.6gHz single processor.

Any suggestions?

byebyefilm

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:41 pm »

Quote from: Photolandscape,Sep 28 2008, 11:22 PM
Bybebye, for the first time ever, I am encountering something very simiilar. Basically, the same thing but when I add the printer back in, and it says it's installed and there, I get an error message--"Error -9672". If I go to the Print window in CS3, it doesn't even list the 3800. Driving me nuts, that's for sure. I too have 10.4.11 on an ancient original G5, the 1.6gHz single processor.

Any suggestions?

Landscape, did you go into sys. pref-printer/fax and make sure the 3800 is the printer listed at the bottom for "selected printer in print dialog"?  Other than that all I can think of is the usual rebootings and hope things get back to where they should be. Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up