Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCD2690WUXI-BK and Eyeone display 2 and Spectravie  (Read 6415 times)

ned

LCD2690WUXI-BK and Eyeone display 2 and Spectravie
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:37 pm »

Hi,

After reading many threads on this forum and others, I am still confused.

Can I actually use the Eyeone display 2 and spectraview software and not buy NEC's branded puck? I know I can "use" it, but I am looking to achieve the best possible calibration from one of these two pucks.  I've read about in Europe where NEC disabled in firmware the ability to use the non NEC puck.

Can anyone clear this up?

I received a couple of answers which have opposite views....

"The general Eye One Display 2 is a colorimeter whose filters aren't optimized for use with the wide gamut display such as the 2690 and 3090 by NEC. The colorimeter that comes with the SV version of these displays looks like a general Eye One Display 2 but actually has filters optimized for the primaries of these displays. Much better. So you don't want to use the regular Eye One Display 2 unless you have no other choice.

A spectrophotometer like the Eye One Pro is ok to use. But still, better to use the colorimeter that was specifically designed for the display. "

AND

"I've got an NEC 2690WUXI and the SVII software. I already had the EyeOne Display II and was told by NEC's upper level tech support that the puck they sold had no additional filters, etc as far as the 2690 display was concerned. The only puck that was modified was the one that was included with their LED displays, not the LCD's. That was as of about 8-10 months ago though"

Thanks and regards.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:59:20 pm by ned »

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:23:35 pm »

I found this:

Supported Color Sensors GretagMacbeth Eye-One display V1 and V2, Eye-One Monitor, Eye-One Pro, Monaco OptixXR (X-Rite DTP 94), ColorVision Spyder2, Datacolor Spyder3.   GretagMacbeth Eye-One display V1 and V2, Eye-One Monitor, Eye-One Pro, and Spectrolino, Monaco OptixXR (X-Rite DTP 94), ColorVision Spyder2, Datacolor Spyder3.
USB   At least one available USB port for Color Sensor.   At least one available USB port for Color Sensor, or one RS232 port if using the Spectrolino.

http://www.necdisplay.com/supportcenter/mo...s/spectraview2/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:23:49 pm by jerryrock »
Gerald J Skrocki

ned

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:07:40 pm »

Thanks Jerry.

I read the page and it seems to indicate that the software supports several color sensors including the Eyeone, but it didn't say if that is the correct color sensor to use with the LCD2690WUXI.

Thank you

I found this:

Supported Color Sensors GretagMacbeth Eye-One display V1 and V2, Eye-One Monitor, Eye-One Pro, Monaco OptixXR (X-Rite DTP 94), ColorVision Spyder2, Datacolor Spyder3.   GretagMacbeth Eye-One display V1 and V2, Eye-One Monitor, Eye-One Pro, and Spectrolino, Monaco OptixXR (X-Rite DTP 94), ColorVision Spyder2, Datacolor Spyder3.
USB   At least one available USB port for Color Sensor.   At least one available USB port for Color Sensor, or one RS232 port if using the Spectrolino.

http://www.necdisplay.com/supportcenter/mo...s/spectraview2/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225051\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:38 am »

Thanks Jerry.

I read the page and it seems to indicate that the software supports several color sensors including the Eyeone, but it didn't say if that is the correct color sensor to use with the LCD2690WUXI.

Thank you
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The software supports both your colorimeter and your display.

Monitor Compatibility List:

MultiSync LCD1980SXi
MultiSync LCD1980FXi-BK
MultiSync LCD1990SXi
MultiSync LCD1990SXp
MultiSync LCD2090UXi
MultiSync LCD2180UX
MultiSync LCD2180WG-LED
MultiSync LCD2190UXi
MultiSync LCD2190UXp
MultiSync LCD2490WUXi-BK
MultiSync LCD2690WUXi-BK
MultiSync LCD3090WQXi-BK
MultiSync LCD4020
MultiSync LCD4620
MultiSync LCD5220
MultiSync LCD6520
Multeos M40
Multeos M46

[a href=\"http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Accessories/]http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Accessories/[/url]
Gerald J Skrocki

ned

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:43:44 am »

We'll the monitor came in and I profiled it with Spectraview II and my I One display 2. Very easy process. I have a dual monitor setup and notice a pretty big difference between the NEC and my non calibrated Samsung, as expected. I have noticed that some of the comments I have been getting online indicate that either a) my monitor profile sucks or  most people don't have a profile. What looks good on my monitor is washed out on others :-D  My Epson 3800 arrives tomorrow :-D

cheers

Quote from: jerryrock
The software supports both your colorimeter and your display.

Monitor Compatibility List:

MultiSync LCD1980SXi
MultiSync LCD1980FXi-BK
MultiSync LCD1990SXi
MultiSync LCD1990SXp
MultiSync LCD2090UXi
MultiSync LCD2180UX
MultiSync LCD2180WG-LED
MultiSync LCD2190UXi
MultiSync LCD2190UXp
MultiSync LCD2490WUXi-BK
MultiSync LCD2690WUXi-BK
MultiSync LCD3090WQXi-BK
MultiSync LCD4020
MultiSync LCD4620
MultiSync LCD5220
MultiSync LCD6520
Multeos M40
Multeos M46

http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Accessories/

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 11:33:48 am »

Quote from: ned
We'll the monitor came in and I profiled it with Spectraview II and my I One display 2. Very easy process. I have a dual monitor setup and notice a pretty big difference between the NEC and my non calibrated Samsung, as expected. I have noticed that some of the comments I have been getting online indicate that either a) my monitor profile sucks or  most people don't have a profile. What looks good on my monitor is washed out on others :-D  My Epson 3800 arrives tomorrow :-D

cheers

Into what color space are you rendering your images?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:29:11 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up