Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clone Stamp Error  (Read 3497 times)

Lex

Clone Stamp Error
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:19:18 pm »

Whenever I try to use the clone tool in Photoshop CS3 I get a message informing me that the tool is not available because of a program error. I have tried to reload the program from the disc but the problem remains. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

mbalensiefer

Clone Stamp Error
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:48:53 pm »

Hi Lex.

I do not think this is a program error: I get it all the time, when my fingers move too fast.
 Your first "click" needs to be Clone Stamp's initial "copy-from" location, and in which you must simultaneously hold down the "Alt" button (PC).

For further issues, delete your "CS3 Settings" folder under your Photoshop CS3 folder and re-start. The folder will re-build itself.

Michael

The View

Clone Stamp Error
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:04:56 am »

Hi Lex.

I do not think this is a program error: I get it all the time, when my fingers move too fast.
 Your first "click" needs to be Clone Stamp's initial "copy-from" location, and in which you must simultaneously hold down the "Alt" button (PC).

For further issues, delete your "CS3 Settings" folder under your Photoshop CS3 folder and re-start. The folder will re-build itself.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225098\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you get a different screen message on the PC. If I forget to get a source point for the clone stamp tool, I get something like "clone stamp tool needs source point", but the word "program error"... I don't think this ever came up.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

walter.sk

Clone Stamp Error
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:02:57 am »

I seem to rmrmber getting that error when I am using several layers and have the active layer with transparent areas, or on an adjustment layer, and the clone tool is set for the current layer only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up