Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some prints!  (Read 2093 times)

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
I need some prints!
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:53:12 am »

I have a large back log of printing since my Epson 2100 died last year.  On the top of the pile are some wedding photos which need printing A4 on matte paper for an album.

My first choice for printing is to borrow my friend's university card and rinse their 4800/4880 but if I am unable to, there is a C64 around at home that my brother used for promotions stuff a while back.

I will be printing black and white.  Can I expect reasonable results from the C64?  How will they compare with the 2100?  Using Quadtone RIP is unfortunately not possible for most of them as they have been toned in Lightroom, however, since I have not yet scanned/processed the wedding, I could process these with the intention of using Quadtone which I am familiar with from using the 2100.

Please let me know your opinions.  I'd like to avoid the cost of outsourcing my printing at this time but if the C64 is not up to it, it looks like I have little choice.

Many thanks

DarkPenguin

I need some prints!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:24:53 pm »

I don't think I'd print my taxes on a c64.  If it is the one I'm thinking of anyways.

rdonson

I need some prints!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:48 pm »

Its hard for me to imagine that a 4 color C64 print will in any way compare to a print from a 2100.
Regards,
Ron

DarkPenguin

I need some prints!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:10:15 pm »

My old 1280 wasn't reliable with B+W.  Lots of blue and green B+W images.

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
I need some prints!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:20:43 pm »

I thought as much but we can all hope!

I guess I'll just prey Sarah can come through for me; the maths says it's cheaper to buy a new 13" printer than send to a bureau - but I can't really afford it and was holding out for a 17" to save on the ink.
Pages: [1]   Go Up