Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets see those workhorses!  (Read 58954 times)

AndrewDyer

• http://www.andrewdyer.com
Lets see those workhorses!
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2008, 09:08:45 am »

Quote from: simplify
Tell us about your tripod rig.
That looks like the Nodal Ninja that I want to get for my Hasselblad 503cw.
Very jealous !!
I am very eager to do some panoramic stitching with it.
Nice one!
A
Andrew
 ht

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2008, 12:24:27 pm »

The tripod is a Gitzo GT5540LS followed by

RRS Ultimate Pro Omni Pivot pano package sitting on a Acratech leveling base.

The camera body is a Phase 645 and the lens is the Mamiya 28mm (it's for sale!  )

The coiled cable is my remote shutter release - the blue cord is to my expodisk.

The image was shot in my backyard in Tucson AZ.

Thanks for asking...

don

snickgrr

• http://
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »

Couple G9 snappie poos.

Of particular note is the "InfiniHood"...my infinitely adjustable lens shade.  Gaffer tape and Blackout material.

And the note on the viewfinder that reminds which way to turn the focus wheel when fine tuning the focus.

I put the camera on one of my large format rails to accomplish two things.  

When I need to either relax the crop or to come in a bit on the shot I just need to roll it back or forward on the rail.  Instead of going through the hassle of rolling the entire stand, it much easier this way and keeps the camera in the same perspective.

And since the camera focuses by the lens and thus changes the lens to subject distance which changes the magnification, on MCU's and ECU's it makes it easier to focus by rolling the entire camera in or out rather moving the lens only.

TMARK

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2008, 10:59:14 pm »

Quote from: snickgrr
Couple G9 snappie poos.

Of particular note is the "InfiniHood"...my infinitely adjustable lens shade.  Gaffer tape and Blackout material.

And the note on the viewfinder that reminds which way to turn the focus wheel when fine tuning the focus.

When I need to either relax the crop or to come in a bit on the shot I just need to roll it back or forward on the rail.  Instead of going through the hassle of rolling the entire stand, it much easier this way and keeps the camera in the same perspective.

And since the camera focuses by the lens and thus changes the lens to subject distance which changes the magnification, on MCU's and ECU's it makes it easier to focus by rolling the entire camera in or out rather moving the lens only.

It is fantastic!

Streetshooter

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2008, 09:36:36 am »

Quote from: snickgrr
Couple G9 snappie poos.

Man that is what I call a real camera, just fantastic.  Not like these sissy cameras that people are using these days, you know the 5D, 1DS 3, D3's etc. I think I'll throw mine away and get one of these. That should impress the clients.........

RicAgu

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2008, 02:17:16 pm »

Here is a recent picture on set of the two camera systems I use and a behind the scene B-Roll motion camera.  Plus, the best Boombox around by BOSE!

Snook

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 03:43:27 pm »

Quote from: RicAgu
Here is a recent picture on set of the two camera systems I use and a behind the scene B-Roll motion camera.  Plus, the best Boombox around by BOSE!

Why did you shoot it from so far away..
So nobody could check those Serial numbers.......

Snook

evgeny

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:29 pm »

Quote from: Khun_K
I shot quite a few medium format systems, but the longest history and mileage goes to Contax 645 and Phase backs, and lenses (includes come Hasselblad CF/FE lenses thru MAM-1), and Alpa 12.

WOW!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up