Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to calibrate dual monitors?  (Read 8703 times)

CeliaD

Is it possible to calibrate dual monitors?
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:24:08 pm »

I have both monitors (MultiSync LCD 2490wuxi & Viewsonic VP191) connected to my computer running under Vista Ultimate.

The VP191b is using a generic driver and the colors are really off when compared side by side with the 2490 out of the box.

My video card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI.

I'm planning to buy the SpectraView Kit to calibrate the Nec monitor. I understand that it will modify the monitor itself not the video card.

I also have an old Colorvision Spider but I haven't been able to find the software for Vista.

I would like to calibrate also the VP191 even if it's not my main monitor now. What can I use to do that? I understand that the VP191 can be calibrated using the controls in the monitor or modifying the video card. In that last case, will the changes in the video card  affect my Nec monitor or the changes will only affect the port the monitor is attached to?

Thank you!

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »

I have both monitors (MultiSync LCD 2490wuxi & Viewsonic VP191) connected to my computer running under Vista Ultimate.

The VP191b is using a generic driver and the colors are really off when compared side by side with the 2490 out of the box.

My video card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI.

I'm planning to buy the SpectraView Kit to calibrate the Nec monitor. I understand that it will modify the monitor itself not the video card.

I also have an old Colorvision Spider but I haven't been able to find the software for Vista.

I would like to calibrate also the VP191 even if it's not my main monitor now. What can I use to do that? I understand that the VP191 can be calibrated using the controls in the monitor or modifying the video card. In that last case, will the changes in the video card  affect my Nec monitor or the changes will only affect the port the monitor is attached to?

Thank you!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224292\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The device bundled with SVII is an i1 X-Rite colorimeter. You can use i1match software in easy mode to calibrate your second monitor. It is also possible to upgrade your colorimeter to display 2 on X-Rite site, and after that you can also use advanced calibration mode in i1match profiler.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:44:57 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

CeliaD

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:25 pm »

The device bundled with SVII is an X-Rite i1 colorimeter. You can use i1match software in easy mode to calibrate your second monitor. It is also possible to upgrade your colorimeter to display 2 on X-Rite site, and after that you can also use advanced calibration mode in i1match profiler.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your answer.

If the colorimeter is the same, wouldn't I be better off buying the display 2 package and just the Nec software instead?

If I decide to buy the Nec package, do you where can I get the i1match software by itself?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:39:17 pm by CeliaD »

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 01:42:14 pm »

Thank you for your answer.

If the colorimeter is the same, wouldn't I be better off buying the display 2 package and just the Nec software instead?

If I decided to buy the Nec package, do you where can I get the i1match software by itself?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not at all. SVII is the best profiling software for Nec LCD, it calibrates the panel internally, and the process is 100% automatic.

You can download i1match software from X-Rite site:
[a href=\"http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=788&Action=Support&SoftwareID=724]http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx...&SoftwareID=724[/url]

The i1match software licence key is saved in an i1 device internal memory, so you can use it for free with the colorimeter from the Nec SVII kit (in easy mode).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:43:41 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

CeliaD

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:12 pm »

Thank you!

Sigi

• http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/default.aspx?id=267034&mp=V2
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:03:47 am »

Hello,

yes, it is possible:

1. Calibrate normally.

2. Find the profile you have created and name it according to the monitor you calibrated (e.g., primary monitor). It will be located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color.

3. Shut down and unplug the monitor you just calibrated.

4. Restart and calibrate the monitor that is attached, and name the profile appropriately (e.g., secondary monitor).

5. Shut down and re-attach the primary monitor.

6. Restart and go to the Displays control panel.

7. Click the primary monitor and then the Settings tab, then the Advanced button, the color management tab and then be sure the profile you want is selected. (you may need to Add it with the Add button.) Click Apply and OK.

8. Click the secondary monitor and then the Advanced button, then the Color Management tab and select the profile created for this monitor. You may need to add it.

Sigi
Pages: [1]   Go Up