Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old shoots with Raw+Jpeg - want to remove the jpeg  (Read 1477 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Old shoots with Raw+Jpeg - want to remove the jpeg
« on: September 25, 2008, 01:26:00 am »

Hi,
I've migrated about 40,000 images from an aperture catalog to a lightroom catalog and most of these were shot RAW+jpeg.   I really wish that I had been smarter and removed the jpegs before importing into lightroom, but its done now.   I don't use the jpegs anymore and they take up about 5 or 6% of disk space so I was thinking about removing them.  

I went into a folder and just sorted by type and deleted all the jpegs, then syncronized the folder in Lightroom,  but this left a little ? in the thumbnail and Lightroom says it can't find the sidecar.  Now this is a pain to manually click on all of those individually and tell lightroom to forget tracking the sidecar.  Any quicker way to do this?

Thanks,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Old shoots with Raw+Jpeg - want to remove the jpeg
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:34 am »

Hi,
I've migrated about 40,000 images from an aperture catalog to a lightroom catalog and most of these were shot RAW+jpeg.   I really wish that I had been smarter and removed the jpegs before importing into lightroom, but its done now.   I don't use the jpegs anymore and they take up about 5 or 6% of disk space so I was thinking about removing them.   

I went into a folder and just sorted by type and deleted all the jpegs, then syncronized the folder in Lightroom,  but this left a little ? in the thumbnail and Lightroom says it can't find the sidecar.  Now this is a pain to manually click on all of those individually and tell lightroom to forget tracking the sidecar.  Any quicker way to do this?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224213\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can you not delete them from within LR? In the Library module, search in the relevant folder for filenames containing "jpg" (or "jpeg", or whatever extension they have), then delete them.

Just a throught. I'm not at my Mac at the moment, so I haven't tested it.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up